2008 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Thanks Kia
By eager on 07/14/08 08:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car for the price. Kia really stepped up to plate on this one. I own the inline 4 cylinder model, the car is very efficient and its performance is excellent.

A great choice
By Mike on 07/11/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After driving my used 2001 KIA Rio to 120,000 trouble-free miles, it was time to trade it in. The $3000 rebate and some research made the Optima an easy choice. Simply put I really love this car. Performance is excellent, the 5-speed manual is smooth as silk, the engine feels more powerful than the numbers would suggest. Handling is good and the interior is comfortable and quiet (a big change from my old Rio. It was a great little car, but let's face it, it was a go-cart with doors!). You could easily spend a lot more for a car with fewer features. The KIA brand may not have "status" but they do deliver a lot of value for the money.

Recently purchased, Love more each day
By NCShane on 07/10/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We looked at other cars (Camry, Accord, Sonata) & Kia offered the most for the $ w/roomy interior, good mileage, lots of trunk space & 5 star front, rear & side impact ratings We opted for a fully loaded EX w/appearance pkg, convenience pkg & Electronic Stability Control. This includes leather & heated seats too! We got a great deal especially with the $3K cash back Kia offered So far the car has performed well. It handles very nice on the road. The interior is very quite at cruising speed, though the engine is heard when accelerating but it is not overbearing. Fit & feel are great, acceleration smooth. The interior to us was nicer style than others. Optima gets better more I drive it!

MY Kia
By kiaman on 07/10/08 11:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When researching all the cars in the same class as my Optima I know I got more bang for my buck over every other car.

Great car for the price !!!!
By Don on 07/03/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Plenty of interior space. Dashboard is well laid out and controls within easy reach. I have only owned my Kia for one month but am averaging 30 mpg back and fourth to work. Ride is good but drivers seat needs more lumbar support. On long drives, back gets a little tired. One thing I did have troubles with were the headlights. They left a dark shadow on the drivers side. Had dealer replace headlight and problem was fixed.

So far so good.
By new kia owner on 07/01/08 06:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Got this car about 1 month ago. After much research, I decided this car would provide the best value for the dollars invested and so far we have few complaints. My wife is not pleased with the "bumpy" ride, but for me I like to "feel" the road a little. I told her for the price we paid that I could get better shocks that would provide for a smoother ride, but so far we haven't made any modifications. For an out-the-door price of less than $15K (with $3000 in rebates) there wasn't anything new in this size of car that even came close. Been getting about 27 MPG with a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving. So far so good. We are very pleased with the purchase of this vehicle.

Hard to believe
By Don on 06/19/08 04:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wasn't sure about buying a Kia but so far, really happy. Easy for older person to get in and out, the mileage is on real, getting on a average city and highway 38 mostly city I have been a gm person all my life but they wouldn't bring prices down to match Kia and Kia gives you more options inside and out.

Five star safety, 10 year warranty!!!
By BOBSKIA on 06/14/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my truck because of gas prices. The KIA was ranked high in safety, warranty, and performance. I was given great rebate incentives that brought down the price to around 14,000. The four cylinder has 168 HP, almost as much as the 6 cylinder. They gave me a great price for my trade. The warranty for the first buyer is a great one! The room in the Optima is great since I am 6'5". The car has a load of standard features: heated mirrors, tire pressure monitoring, 5 speed automatic transmission, 5 star crash rating, air bags all over, large trunk, great handling, and good MPG (I am getting over 30 currently) The KIA dealer was excellent too!!!

First foreign built
By fred r on 06/11/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Now have 1000 miles on 2008 LX. Fun to drive. Corners very well. Have only had city driving and getting 21mpg. Like the interior setup and the blue light on the dash. Would like a softer driver seat with a longer front cushion. The car has a "ping" sound when driving on rough roads. I had the car undercoated thinking it would help but it didn't. On smooth roads it is a quiet ride but a definite metallic ping on rumble strips.

Don't be afraid, this car is a winner
By steve on 06/07/08 10:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a ASE mechanic. My son drives a Camry and my wife drives an Accord. I am very familiar with these cars. When it was time for me to sell my Honda Element, I test drove the 2008 Accord, Camry, Sonata, Sebring. Then I rented a 08 optima with 7 miles on it for vacation and drove it 1000 miles. I was shocked. Right out of the box, it averaged 30 mpg on an engine that wasn't broken in yet. I was completely taken away with the build quality of this car. Tight panel seams, interior quality outstanding and very quiet. The accord handling and engine is better but this is a close 2nd. I bought this car $7000 less than a Camry and $6500 less than accord. Read Car and Drivers 2007 comparison.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.