Used 2008 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

What A Great Little Car!!!!!!!!!!
By ExGreenBeret

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Optima last year when gas was nearing $4/gal. I drive a lot of miles so I sold my 475hp 12mpg Hemi Ram and bought the KIA. I had rented one in the past and was pleasantly surprised so I decided to give it a try. I've had it a year now, and have put over 40,000 miles on it already. There have been NO major problems, in fact I've not been back to the dealership for any reason. I change the oil and rotate the tires religiously but that's it. Would I recommend one to a friend? Hell, yes! Would I buy another one? Absolutely!

Favorite Features

Comfortable, VERY cold A/C (important in Florida), great mileage, and for some unknown reason Love Bugs do not stick to the paint, they wash right off! Go figure.

Suggested Improvements

When I'm driving in a heavy downpour, the TPMS light comes on. Once the rain stops, no more light.

Great Value!
By GorgeKiaDriver

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the base Optima, 4 cyl., 5 speed manual. A lot of car for the money, purchased new last month, 6/2009, for $10,995! Sweet deal. Had 10 miles, now have 300, first tank of gas I received on 18 mpg! Mostly in town, getting use to manual transmission again! Previous review complained about passenger doors not operating from driver side. Turn key once to the right to unlock driver door, twice to unlock all doors! Small price to pay for an inexpensive, quality built vehicle!

Favorite Features

Looks! Like the style, love the spacious interior and trunk. Lots of standard features for a base model!

Suggested Improvements

Not sure, this was last model year for this style, new style looks great also!

Our Little Vacation Car
By Hummer Guy

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have a new H3, a 6yr old Sunfire, and an 08 Dodge Avenger (son). Needed a new smaller, more economical car for vacations now that both of us are retired. Looked at all of them in the one-year-old under $15000 range. I wanted another Avenger which son loves, but wife not comfortable in the seat. Ended up getting this 2008 Optima as a former Enterprise car. Absolutely LOVE IT. Wanted a four, but settled on a six, but the power is amazing -whiplash acceleration -and the economy on three fill ups has been 34, 34, 38 on combined interstate and city driving. The four could not have done much better. It has all the toys like steering wheel radio controls. Only had it 1 mo. So far VERY PLEASED!

Favorite Features

Steering Wheel radio controls. trip computer. ENORMOUS leg room in the front - I'm 6' and cannot reach the floorboard behind the pedals. Third headrest in rear and rear armrest.

Suggested Improvements

Would like headlights to stay on after car is shut off, and trip computer needs to include mileage. Has average speed is all.

In defense of the Optima
By Leo Miller

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently rented an Optima for a week trip. It was by far the most enjoyable car I have ever driven..I recently dumped my Mercedes AMG last month for numerous ongoing problems. The Optima was responsive, comfortable, quick acceleration and the gas mileage exceeded 30 mpg on the highway. I am planning to buy one in the next 30 days. I understand that one week is not the same as owning, but I was that impressed with the car.

Favorite Features

Wheel base, acceleration and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Do they make a model with air conditioned seats??

Im glad i own a Kia Optima
By Proud Kiacar owner

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A general perception with so many appealing ads on TV,people seem to be just convinced with brands like Toyota camry,Honda,Nissan.I have reviewed and test drived all of above but with their brand name,car seems too very expensive.Happened to try a Kia Optima and never had to give it a 2nd thought.With the price,safety features,mileage i rate this very much in par with Toyota honda nissan.Initially when i bought few asked me-Y did u go for a Kia,but whn i took them for a ride they had a different view altogether which made me so proud.classy sharp looks,smooth silent ride,responsive engine. Im glad i own a Gorgeous midnight metallic grey KIA OPTIMA.Mwaaah & a pat well tht goes to my car

Favorite Features

Quality Infinity sound system,Too good an A/c cooling system,simple & apt electronic display,very spacious passenger cabin,sharp classy looks,remote steering.

Suggested Improvements

cloth Quality of interiors not tht gud. And why dont manufacturers and dealers air a proper advertisement for such a NICE CAR unlike other manufacturers do for a Toyota Honda n Nissan??????? Reach out to people.