Used 2008 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

LOVE this car!
By Me Me

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We just got this car about 2 weeks ago. And i truly love it. It is so easy to drive. I dont have a bad thing to say. Awesome car for the $$$ Would recommend this to anyone!!

Everything

Great car for the price
By spysgrandson

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned 9 Hyundais (still have 3) but this is my first Kia. I purchased it in August 2009 (it was a year old) with 18900 miles for $9988 (I know the folks at the dealership). Given the warranty, the great fuel economy, and the comfort and features, I have to say I am very pleased. I have owned a Toyota and a Honda before. Those brands may be slightly better quality, but considering the $$ difference, I think there is no question which is the better buy.

Fuel economy (22-23 in town and 31 highway), interior appearance and quality, price, warranty

transmission doesn't appear too intelligent and the steering is a little strange feeling--wish I could describe the feeling more scientifically, but that is the best I can do

Kia EX V-6
By PatrickDT

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This Year kia was a pretty good one. But if you are trying to find one of these models used, good luck there very hard to find.The only model I can find used right now is the LX Model with the 4 Cyl. Engine or the EX With the 4 Cyl. Engine.

Leather Seats, 5 Disc CD Changer Sunroof.

17 inch tires, seat comfort on long trips, less plastic.

GREAT CAR!!!
By Chris Martin

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

me and my dad got this car for my mom. i was surprised as to how well a 2.4l 4 cylinder performs... quick on the accelerator, yet responsive on the brakes. not only does it have a lot of gumption under the hood for a 4 cylinder, it looks great, rides smooth, quiet, great sound, comfortable, accessible, and most of all, affordable! i definitely recommend this car to anyone, even if their on a tight budget! i give the Kia Optima a 9.5/10

Premium Car for Undervalued Price!!!
By Scott

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is Amazing! Coming from a Detroit Union raised native (typically purchases GM, Ford & Chrysler vehicles) I decided to take a look at one for the warranty of 10YR/or/100K Miles, whichever comes first. Nice driving give me 30 mpg hwy and the automatic stick shift allows me to have optimal usage in passing slow cars. Plenty of get up and go in the 4 cylinder...technology is incredible as 2009 KIAs may introduce MSFT software in them!!! Drives incredible and has hard hitting stock sound system (from Detroit Rock City). Be sure to go to your dealer and take one for a spin.

Auto Stick-Shift, Chrome Appearance Package, Electric Leather Seats, Premium Sound, Easy Access Volume/Track Change on steering wheel w/ cruise control and don't forget the folding down back seats for Home Depot mini projects.

I think we can add additional get up and go in a six speed engine setting to be more of a sportscar as opposed to something of a luxury car, which it seems.