2008 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Our Little Vacation Car
By Hummer Guy on 06/20/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have a new H3, a 6yr old Sunfire, and an 08 Dodge Avenger (son). Needed a new smaller, more economical car for vacations now that both of us are retired. Looked at all of them in the one-year-old under $15000 range. I wanted another Avenger which son loves, but wife not comfortable in the seat. Ended up getting this 2008 Optima as a former Enterprise car. Absolutely LOVE IT. Wanted a four, but settled on a six, but the power is amazing -whiplash acceleration -and the economy on three fill ups has been 34, 34, 38 on combined interstate and city driving. The four could not have done much better. It has all the toys like steering wheel radio controls. Only had it 1 mo. So far VERY PLEASED!

In defense of the Optima
By Leo Miller on 06/13/09 05:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently rented an Optima for a week trip. It was by far the most enjoyable car I have ever driven..I recently dumped my Mercedes AMG last month for numerous ongoing problems. The Optima was responsive, comfortable, quick acceleration and the gas mileage exceeded 30 mpg on the highway. I am planning to buy one in the next 30 days. I understand that one week is not the same as owning, but I was that impressed with the car.

Im glad i own a Kia Optima
By Proud Kiacar owner on 06/13/09 04:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A general perception with so many appealing ads on TV,people seem to be just convinced with brands like Toyota camry,Honda,Nissan.I have reviewed and test drived all of above but with their brand name,car seems too very expensive.Happened to try a Kia Optima and never had to give it a 2nd thought.With the price,safety features,mileage i rate this very much in par with Toyota honda nissan.Initially when i bought few asked me-Y did u go for a Kia,but whn i took them for a ride they had a different view altogether which made me so proud.classy sharp looks,smooth silent ride,responsive engine. Im glad i own a Gorgeous midnight metallic grey KIA OPTIMA.Mwaaah & a pat well tht goes to my car

Great Buy
By Jamie Giza on 04/28/09 05:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my jeep grand cheokee when gas was killing my budget from a 100 mile daily work trip. The car runs great a it very comfortable I also have gotten about 460 miles to the 16 gallon tank as oposed to 250 in the jeep. I have two kids a dog and a wife and take frequet trips in the car and its comfortable for all of us. The head room is great due to the fact I am 6-3 . The only down side I have is the gas petal is a little jerky and the aceleration is a little weak.Over all it is the best money I have spent on a car.

Loved my 2001 Optima so much, I upgraded
By Replaced '01 w/ '08 on 04/20/09 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2008 EX V6 Optima in June 2008...replaced my 2001 with the same thing because I loved it so much. KIA has the best roadside assistance and warranty. I paid a pretty penny for it ($22K), but left out no features. With my annual mileage averaging 5,000- 6,000, my 10 years will be up before the 100,000 miles on the warranty. And yes, I will keep it that long! People always take a second look at my car when I am driving. It's a sharp- looking vehicle, and it is just as reliable as the Camry and Accord (although NOTHING can beat a Toyota or Honda). I will always by KIA's because both of my Optimas have proven to be reliable. Love our Sedona minivan, too. Foreign is the only way to go.

NEW OPTIMA FIRST 4 DOOR
By daewkia on 02/27/09 21:23 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well decided to try a KIA got my optima very base model only option "floormatts" so far I am impressed what you get as a base car,pwr windows, nice stereo w/cd player,pwr locks,a/c I just wish it had cruise control,I do not drive to much as I have a company car but I am in a new city and wanted a reliable car.I am suprised how peppy the car is and how the fit and finish seems above average.I expect this to be a great car excellent warranty I will be taking a 1000 mi trip soon and fully expect it will be a pleasure and very comfortable drive, I only have 195 mi on the car as of now BUT I expect to have the car for a long time to come and will report back. purchase price was 12,500 total

The Right Choice
By Phil on 02/11/09 14:09 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first new car, and I would have to say I made the right choice. This car provides all around safety, convenience, and just the right amount of sport as well. All of this is available at the right price. I believe this car is entirely too underrated. It drives tight, the infinity sound system sounds great, the controls are easy to follow, and it goes. The only problem is that it says Kia. People ask me what I own. All I can say is let me take you for a ride and ill prove that this car is awesome.

Best Car I've owned
By Jacob on 01/25/09 19:38 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Before this car I owned a 2007 Ford Focus. I had it for two years and decided I wanted something bigger. I went to the dealership just to price. Test drove the car and bought it on the spot. At first I thought that I had made a bad decision, after I had it for a few weeks I was glad I had bought it. The interior it awesome. Just don't like that lint sticks to the seats all the time. But besides that it is awesome. Was the best buy that I have ever made.

OPTIMA
By ron on 09/24/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Took it home and took it right back the next morning. It came off the truck with a bad alignment. Pulled to the right. It took about 6-8 days to fix. I asked where is my car? Oh it's at Nissan. What Nissan? yeah, they have the alignment machine. I'm like why don't the kia dealer have the equipment necessary to support the warranty? The salesmen asked me do I know how much that cost like i cared. The car has been great since i got it back. 1800 mi now. Took the family to Bolxi, MS and it did fine. Gas mileage great compared to my 6.0 L silverado. With $3000 cash back i walked out the door for LX model $14,600

Great little car for the downsizer
By bumpergirl on 09/22/08 02:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned the 2008 Kia Optima for a few weeks now. I understand it may take a while to break in a new car and improve gas mileage. So far I am averaging between 26 and 30 mpg. Highway of course is outstanding. I am overall happy with my purchase. Its somewhat of an adjustment coming down from a Toyota Avalon. However, I am very happy with the balance between luxury and economy in the Kia. The interior and exterior appearance are definitely luxury. The ride and price is definitely economy. So keep that in mind. The experience buying the car was excellent. The best way to work is to put a small deposit on your car, and write up the Purchase and sale, then shop 2-3 dealers. Happy days!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.