Used 2008 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

one thing after another
By bobbyhill

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

iv had my car for just over a year, i bought it off my dad and he got it new in 08! in the last year i have had nothing but problems with it, first it was struts and sway bar links and bushings, then wheel bearing, and now the newest thing is my headlights like to burn out, replaced the passenger one 4 times now, at $25 a bulb for h11b its getting expensive, had it to the dealership and they want me to spend a bunch of $ to replace the headlamp assembly! iv been reading up on this and it seems it was a real issue in some of the older optimas, 02 especially! oh yeah, when i had it in there to look at headlight they told me the shift module had to be replaced, at $700 i passed, NOT IMPRESSED!!

the car drives well on the highway! 30-35 mpg with 87 NO alcohol, if im using the 10% blend that most gas stations have now i get 23-25 only!!

warranty the car forever cause as soon as the car hit 100k i have had to put over $2000 into it and that number is still climbing! doing the altinator tomorrow to see if that makes the headlights stop blowing up!!!

A fair car for the price
By patdaddyt

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We've had our car for 3 1/2 years now, For the last few months our car has really bad road noise like a wheel bearing is going out or somethings wrong with the new tires we just put on the car. tom. we're going to get it checked out a kia dealership maybe they can fix it.

Sunroof, 6Disk CD Player.

Leather seat comfort, less plastic material, more head room.

Awesome Optima LX
By ex_green_beret

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my '08 Kia Optima LX for nearly 3 years, I bought it new when gas went to $4/gal back in '08. I got rid of my Hemi Ram and bought the Kia thinking I'd keep it for a little while and trade up later. It now has 107,000 miles on it and has proven itself an EXTREMELY reliable little car. I've done nothing to it except change the oil and filter religiously every 5k miles, had one brake job done at 75k miles, replaced the battery at about 60k miles, put on a set of new tires at 72k miles (I put on Kumho KH16's since that's what it came with), and flush/fill the radiator every 45k miles. I did almost all the maintenance myself. IT'S THE MOST RELIABLE CAR I'VE EVER OWNED and I love it!

Good with Flaw
By KIASTINKCS

2008 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've really enjoyed my Kia Optima. However there is a major issue with the car stalling and power cutting out, upon starting the car up and when driving.

Stereo controls on wheel, iphone jack, multiple outlets for power, lighted mirrors, power windows and locks

Seats fabric awful - in that they collect a lot of lint, etc... Additionally the stalling issue - may be from the drive by wire issue, also stinks making the car extremely unreliable and hard to recommend to anyone

My Kia
By Karin

2008 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have nothing bad to say about my Kia Optima. The only thing I don't like is the headlights. They are pointed too low. It's like 20 ft in front of you is bright, then it drops off to total darkness.

Everything except the headlights.

have the headlights point a little higher.