2008 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews 2

2008 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Great car, so far: SAFE
By Jose on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted to get a safer, more reliable car for my kids. Got a great deal, and the car still has 3 years/30,000 miles on original warranty, then a lifetime dealership kicks in. Rated safest car I could find, next to Subaru Legacy, which would have cost $10,000 more. Happy so far; I'll check back in 6 months.

Outstanding!
By Outstanding!!!! on 06/16/10 10:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car instead of the Ford Fusion and Chevy Impala. I could see the quality in the car. The lower price sealed the deal. The engine was clean and sounded good. I like the dual auto/manual shifting. I had 2 Toyota Corollas and this is much better. Better comfort than my Crown Victoria. A/C system is stronger than the Crown Vic. The increased MPG from my Chevy S10 will take me one month without fill ups or 512 miles. That's great for a long trip. The 2.4 liter is surprising nice and can handle almost anything. I think this car is a winner for the price. I thank God i live in America where we can chose our best values. Kia Optima definitely is a good car. With 42K it looks like new.

Not bad
By Piper Cub Pilot on 05/10/10 12:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first imported car. Very well thought out packaging and overall design. Efficient with great safety features. At 27,000 miles the car feels and looks the same as it did when new. Reliability has been excellent and performance is on par with competition. Cheap to maintain and insure. At a $14,500 out-the-door price in 2008, it is a bargain.

nice little car
By Chris B on 03/17/10 06:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm 5'11, 265 lbs. This car offers plenty of room and a great many stock features which all work well. I do have some complaints however. The pillars on the front windshield can be difficult to see around and I have removed the headrests because of visibility issues as well. The shift gate is an absolute nuisance when trying to go from "D" to "R". The key fob frequently opens my trunk because of additional keys in my pocket, but that's pretty nit-picky. Stock tires bad - I put "winters" on this year to manage that. All in all, a sound vehicle at a terrific price warranties are questionable only because of the difference between dealerships. Seat adjustment are just ok.

LOVE this car!
By Me Me on 02/04/10 11:41 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We just got this car about 2 weeks ago. And i truly love it. It is so easy to drive. I dont have a bad thing to say. Awesome car for the $$$ Would recommend this to anyone!!

Great car for the price
By spysgrandson on 12/09/09 21:05 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned 9 Hyundais (still have 3) but this is my first Kia. I purchased it in August 2009 (it was a year old) with 18900 miles for $9988 (I know the folks at the dealership). Given the warranty, the great fuel economy, and the comfort and features, I have to say I am very pleased. I have owned a Toyota and a Honda before. Those brands may be slightly better quality, but considering the $$ difference, I think there is no question which is the better buy.

Kia EX V-6
By PatrickDT on 11/20/09 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This Year kia was a pretty good one. But if you are trying to find one of these models used, good luck there very hard to find.The only model I can find used right now is the LX Model with the 4 Cyl. Engine or the EX With the 4 Cyl. Engine.

GREAT CAR!!!
By Chris Martin on 11/15/09 19:09 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

me and my dad got this car for my mom. i was surprised as to how well a 2.4l 4 cylinder performs... quick on the accelerator, yet responsive on the brakes. not only does it have a lot of gumption under the hood for a 4 cylinder, it looks great, rides smooth, quiet, great sound, comfortable, accessible, and most of all, affordable! i definitely recommend this car to anyone, even if their on a tight budget! i give the Kia Optima a 9.5/10

Premium Car for Undervalued Price!!!
By Scott on 10/25/09 23:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is Amazing! Coming from a Detroit Union raised native (typically purchases GM, Ford & Chrysler vehicles) I decided to take a look at one for the warranty of 10YR/or/100K Miles, whichever comes first. Nice driving give me 30 mpg hwy and the automatic stick shift allows me to have optimal usage in passing slow cars. Plenty of get up and go in the 4 cylinder...technology is incredible as 2009 KIAs may introduce MSFT software in them!!! Drives incredible and has hard hitting stock sound system (from Detroit Rock City). Be sure to go to your dealer and take one for a spin.

What A Great Little Car!!!!!!!!!!
By ExGreenBeret on 08/20/09 11:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Optima last year when gas was nearing $4/gal. I drive a lot of miles so I sold my 475hp 12mpg Hemi Ram and bought the KIA. I had rented one in the past and was pleasantly surprised so I decided to give it a try. I've had it a year now, and have put over 40,000 miles on it already. There have been NO major problems, in fact I've not been back to the dealership for any reason. I change the oil and rotate the tires religiously but that's it. Would I recommend one to a friend? Hell, yes! Would I buy another one? Absolutely!