2008 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Great Value!
By GorgeKiaDriver on 07/07/09 09:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the base Optima, 4 cyl., 5 speed manual. A lot of car for the money, purchased new last month, 6/2009, for $10,995! Sweet deal. Had 10 miles, now have 300, first tank of gas I received on 18 mpg! Mostly in town, getting use to manual transmission again! Previous review complained about passenger doors not operating from driver side. Turn key once to the right to unlock driver door, twice to unlock all doors! Small price to pay for an inexpensive, quality built vehicle!

NEW OPTIMA FIRST 4 DOOR
By daewkia on 02/27/09 21:23 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well decided to try a KIA got my optima very base model only option "floormatts" so far I am impressed what you get as a base car,pwr windows, nice stereo w/cd player,pwr locks,a/c I just wish it had cruise control,I do not drive to much as I have a company car but I am in a new city and wanted a reliable car.I am suprised how peppy the car is and how the fit and finish seems above average.I expect this to be a great car excellent warranty I will be taking a 1000 mi trip soon and fully expect it will be a pleasure and very comfortable drive, I only have 195 mi on the car as of now BUT I expect to have the car for a long time to come and will report back. purchase price was 12,500 total

WOW, says it for me.
By BigChris on 08/25/08 15:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

As with many people my bias toward Kia was negative based on second hand knowledge of prior year models BUT Wow, I am so far amazed. I gave the car a 9/10 on Interior only because I feel the plushness of the cloth seat fabric does not fully live up to the quality level of this car. I am impressed with how this car measures up to my test drives in similar Lexus, Toyota, Volvo, and Mazda vehicles. Sweet! The cabin is solid and quite. Rear seat leg room and comfort beyond expectation. Ride, Steering, and Handling ... ahhhh ... so good. Love the Deep Sea Blue paint. Trunk - Deep & Wide. Standard sound system, pretty darn good, and that's VERY important to me. A/C works very well even in Texas.

A great choice
By Mike on 07/11/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After driving my used 2001 KIA Rio to 120,000 trouble-free miles, it was time to trade it in. The $3000 rebate and some research made the Optima an easy choice. Simply put I really love this car. Performance is excellent, the 5-speed manual is smooth as silk, the engine feels more powerful than the numbers would suggest. Handling is good and the interior is comfortable and quiet (a big change from my old Rio. It was a great little car, but let's face it, it was a go-cart with doors!). You could easily spend a lot more for a car with fewer features. The KIA brand may not have "status" but they do deliver a lot of value for the money.

MY Kia
By kiaman on 07/10/08 11:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When researching all the cars in the same class as my Optima I know I got more bang for my buck over every other car.

Great Car
By Amanda on 06/02/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought the optima because I needed something more fuel efficient than a Durango. I am very impressed with the car. Not only does it look good for the price but it drives great too. The inside has everything that a person could possibly need. Nothing extra that could just cause problems in the future. I don't care for 4 cylinders but with gas prices the way they are I couldn't pass this car up. If I didn't no that the car was only a 4 cylinder I would have never guessed it. Great car for the price. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something easy on gas and still have good style.

Great value.
By Dana Walters on 04/12/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great value, makes you feel as if you spent $23,000-28,000. Very nice well thought out car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Kia Optima in VA is:

$110 per month*