2007 Kia Optima LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Optima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Sort Reviews by

Best mid-size deal out there
By Jeff Adams

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Researched, thoroughly. Physically checked out every other competitor. Hands down, this is the best deal out there for a mid-sized sedan. This feels more luxurious and sporty than you'd expect. It's so nice you almost want to take your shoes off when you get into it. People who sit in the front and the back comment about the remarkable comfort, quietness, and luxurious feel. Strangers stare, daytime or night. People who drive Accords and Camrys marvel over its looks inside and out. My teenagers think it's one of the best looking vehicles around. Recently ran into black ice. The car took over and stopped me smoothly much like normal - save the feel of the anti-lock brakes. It's sure-footed!

Favorite Features

Price, quality, appearance, feel, economy, & comfort.

Suggested Improvements

A little road noise comes through the tires on rough surfaces, but not as bad as the Accord or the Camry. It's still a quiet ride, overall. The transmission downshift prior to a stop seems to fight against the brakes a little at times.

Great midsize car
By markb

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far, a great ownership experience. Quiet ride. Gas mileage is improving, I am up to 21mpg in city driving 4-cylinder. Kia's road hazard tire policy already saved me over $246 when I picked up a sidewall nail. ESC package is very handy to have on rainy mountain roads and CA freeways. Sunroof wind noise is very low up to about 50mph. I feel confident while driving this car. Front styling shows character. Rear styling is "nondescript" midsize. You can park this car anywhere. Most people are very surprised once they get inside.

Favorite Features

Interior room is very nice. Smooth shifting A/T can play with the gears when you want or need to or just leave it alone for regular driving. Gauges and backlighting are informative without being a lightshow. I like the gear indicator.

Suggested Improvements

Needs lumbar supports in the appearance package. Could use a little more seat padding for longer trips. Fold-flat rear seats would add more versatility.

95% as good as the leaders for less $$$$
By imacheapsk8

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm totally impressed with the 07 Optima! I was only considering the Accord or Camry, but the Optima won me over. It performs just as nicely, and in my opinion has a much nicer interior than the others. The build quality and style are impressive as well, not to mention the 5 star safety rating for all four tests, including the notoriously difficult offset frontal crash test.

Favorite Features

Price, build quality, style, safety rating, interior. In that order.

Suggested Improvements

Leather steering wheel and shifter on all models. Aux jack on stereo (almost didn't buy because of this).

Pretty nice, but flawed
By Allan J Birmantas

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I probably would have rated this car much higher if the passenger seat air bags worked properly. My only complaints besides that are the following. 1. No MPG on trip computer 2. Very hard ride. Pretty hard to seriously rate reliability after only one month, but I will be making my third trip to the dealer next week. Judge accordingly.

Favorite Features

CD & cassette. Leather seats. Nice pick up. Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Add MPG to trip computer. Soften the ride. Solve the problem with passenger seat air bag actuators.