2007 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Great Car
By steven0925 on 02/01/08 12:43 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We did a great deal of research before purchasing the Optima and it was the right decision. We have the fully loaded EX with the appearance package and I highly recommend it. We went with the 4 cyl for the better mileage and after 5,000 miles we are seeing MPG returns in line with what was stated on the ticker. Great car for cruising on the highway because it is comfortable and quiet. We had a bad snow/ice storm here in CT and the traction control was outstanding. I never lost control for a moment and felt like I was driving an AWD car rather than FWD.

Love My Kias
By R Jenkins on 01/21/08 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2007 Kia Optima EX V6 with heated seats, sunroof, spoilers, dual exhaust, etc. and LOVE this car! It has lots of safety features, a huge trunk, a comfortable interior, and is still sporty to drive. It feels like you are riding in a much more expensive car. The car is very responsive. We have owned sports cars and luxury cars, but this is the best of both worlds. The front and rear de-icers are great and the ten speaker Infinity sound system is AWESOME! The built-in roll-down shade for the rear is like those often seen on a Benz. The car is quality built and we believe that by the time Honda and Toyota take note, their market share may be lost! We love both our Kias.

Great Mid-Size Vehicle
By bullitt on 01/01/08 17:03 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Optima is well built and fun to drive. The 2.4 liter has plenty of power and the automatic transmission shifts smoothly. Has numerous standard features that are options on Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry. Five Star safety rating. The 2007 Optima certainly is at the same level as Accord, Camry and Altima.

Out-Japanesing the Japanese
By spk on 12/24/07 07:26 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thoroughly researched my next car. Have owned Hondas and Toyotas the past 20 years. Purchased a 2006.5 (07) Optima after reading about the redesigned engine, interior, exterior and suspension. Kia has put together a solid product, very ergonomic - everything fits well, easy to use, just plain feels great to drive, similar to the Japanese cars with a few thousand to pocket. It's the culmination of the little things that adds to the confidence in the car - the way the door shuts, outlet in trunk, cabin lighting, hand-holds, etc. Kia makes the leap easy, with transferable 5yr, 60k warranty, roadside assistance, etc.

Boring, but I love it!
By bkoeth on 11/22/07 00:52 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at every car out there. I liked the Optima right away. After I first drove it, I knew it was the car I wanted. I am very picky with my cars, and have a couple of styling gripes (why is the roofline so much higher in front than in back!?) but overall it's an unassuming car I don't have to be embarassed to be seen in. Fit and finish are superb. The only thing that feels cheap are the interior door handles. The car is unbelievably quiet, which makes it a pleasure for leisurely driving. Mileage had proven to be amazing for such a large car. On that note, it is VERY roomy and for thousands less than a Civic LX I just feel like I got more car for the money.

Best value on the market
By Allan on 11/08/07 05:21 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Amazing car for the price. I wouldn't trade it straight up for any non-hybrid in the medium sized sedan class. Great gas mileage on the road, comfortable and has plenty enough power. Looks nice and I have actually had people come up to me to comment on it's beauty. Really!!!

It really grows on you
By Allan J Birmantas on 10/25/07 05:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have rated this car before (see mickeyrom), but since I have put a few thousand miles on it, it has really grown on me. All the bugs are now out of it and I have finally found a dealer who has a great service dept., so I am glad I bought this car. MPG in city remains poor, but in every other way it has met or exceeded my expectations. Once I figured out how to use the steering column adjustments, I easily and comfortably fit my 6 ft frame into the seat. It actually has more driver space than my 97 Town and Country. I would strongly recommend this brand and this model to friends.

Excellent for the Money
By Aaron on 10/19/07 16:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I initially thought Kia was a cheap knock off. Then my sister bought one and I drove it and was impressed. I went to the dealer wanting to buy a Spectra but found that the Optima cost not much more, but had so much more to give. I am very impressed with this vehicle. The quality of it is wonderful, I love the interior design, and the ride and quietness of this vehicle is everything you would expect in a luxury car. I am one who likes the manual trans and found one with the four cylinder. All the reviews I've read give the car poor performance on the highway, but I think it's got more power than it needs on the highway. I would recommend this car to my best friend.

2007 Kia Optima
By lbaybe on 10/19/07 07:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, comfortable always looking forward to driving my car.

Whoa!
By Greg S. on 10/11/07 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have previously owned a Kia Spectra. It was nice, but 2 years later, I went back to the dealership, and fell in love with the Optima. Totally surprised with the power for a four cylinder! I can hold up the parking brake, and burn out (I know, not the smartest thing to do but it does it well)! I have every option available, except for the V6, but I don't need the V6 the 4 cyl is plenty. I feel like I am driving a Lexus or Mercedes. The ride is unmatched.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.