Used 2007 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Piece of garbage
By Lane

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned seven cars in my life and my Kia Optima is by far the worst car I have ever owned. I am on my third automatic transmission. Looking at the other reviews my engine will likely die soon. Please avoid this car, it's awful. Hyundai told me I did not service the vehicle at the dealership and they refused to replace the transmission the third time. I was on the hook for a rebuilt tranny which was over $2,500.

Nothing. This car is pure junk. It has left me stranded five different times. 1. Starter died. 2. Transmission died. 3. Head gasket 4. Another starter died. 5. Transmission died

I just want my money back. I am going to trade this in and get a used Honda Civic with high miles.

Watch out for this one - SERIOUSLY
By Bev

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our Kia Optima LX with only 11 miles on it. Not very much longer we started having trouble with the trunk coming open either driving down the road or sitting still, then we started having trouble with hesitation between 40 & 50 mph. It just seem like it was one thing after another along with the cruise control coming on by itself & air-bag wasn't working, lifter rattling, burning smell after the engine was shut off. Took it to the dealer many, many times & they said that they couldn't duplicate the problem so there was noting wrong with it. Kia said that they would not replace anything on the car, but they replaced the BCM without asking us & it still didn't help.

Bright headlights for driving in the dark.

Back seats stiff as a board, better gas milage, better exterior design by the back door, it stick out so it gets rock chips.

Great family car on a budget
By ps13_99

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought New in 2007 since standard safety features like curtain airbags, stability control etc were unavailable on other more pricey sedans. No problems at all with the car, just with the driver. Very roomy. Im 6'4 and am very impressed with the leg, and knee room. Steering wheel audio controls are great, intuitive. Very smooth transmission. Great headlights, halogen etc. I should have gotten the sunroof. Would definetily look for a used one if this one gets wrecked. Cant beat Kia or Hyundai for the money. Easily competes with camry. Highly recommended.

Safety, Roomy, Wheels, Transmission

Heads-up display like honda, auxillary jack for ipod. Give them away free ;)

My worst car ever
By IdahoFallsLisa

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems with my 2007 Kia Optima. The warranty is useless as you have to jump though hoops and pay crazy costs just to keep up the warranty. They recently replaced both my engine and transmission and the car runs awful. The dealership says that they have performed all the work that Kia would re-imburse them for.

Nothing. Car gets bad gas mileage, well below the sticker.

Can Kia make a five speed automatic transmission that doesn't blow up and leave you in the middle of nowhere.

The Worst Vehicle I have Ever Owned
By Miles

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Well I am on my third automatic transmission. The first replacement was under warranty but the latest one cost me 2500 bucks. What happened to the "Best Warranty in America"? Totally bogus. This car has horrible build quality. Mechanically this car has by far been the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Starters go out and leave you stranded, unable to start the car. Even with synthetic oil changed every 3,000 miles my engine had to be replaced at 65,000 miles. My neighbor has the exact same car as me and he's had even worse luck mechanically with the car so I should consider myself lucky I guess.

Great suspension.

I just wanted a car that didn't break down. This car has been nothing but a pain.

• SUV