2007 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2007 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
I love my KIA!
By Marcy on 07/01/08 05:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had an attitude about getting my Kia at first. I had a Hyundai and didn't want another car like that. I had to get it because of my job, I am in sales and drive a lot and needed something reliable. NOW! All I ever want is a KIA. They are stylish and sleek. IT drives like a caddy and I love the car, has never left me stranded and I am not so good about changing the oil and they are made to be able to go 10,000 max if you forget to change the oil like me.

AC problems
By A/C PROBLEMS on 06/22/08 06:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my Kia Optima in the shop 3 times for AC problems. The ac shuts on and off by itself when brake applied or idling. The first time, they couldn't find a problem. Second time said it was a (fuel cell) in ac. Third time they replaced the compressor. I kept telling them it was a idling problem and they fixed something else. It still shuts off at stop lights and when I am stuck in traffic. Not good living in the South!

2007 KIA Optima
By bearscouter on 06/20/08 14:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The basic car is great but the fuel mileage is less than advertised. With a 34 hwy mpg on the sticker we figured we would average over 30 but we are between 26 and 28 mpg. That has really disappointed us. KIA does not seem concerned saying it is better than the 24 city mpg. We drive 95% highway on cruise control on 70 MPH with not much slowing or stopping. Also the radio does not pick up AM very well.

Honest Opinion
By Not sure on 06/18/08 09:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car in September 2007, I drive about 40 miles to work every day. Since September I have the weather stripping on my windshield come off, I have had a bad tire, and the gear shifter cable undone twice leaving me stuck because my car was stuck in reverse, I have had it towed to the dealership twice within a month. Thank god the warranty covered it but not fun when you rely on your car to get to work.

Avoid at all costs- Please learn from me
By KenInPasco on 06/06/08 09:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had to replace the wonderful automatic transmission twice. Kia needs to address the problems people are having with their five speed automatic transmissions. AAA roadside assistance has had to tow me three times with this vehicle. Twice for the transmission and once for a failed starter.

Honest opinion
By pamela on 05/30/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for a month already. I really like it but I have had to replace the trunk seal because it leaked when you ran it through the car wash and I had to have a fuel pump and sender replaced. The sender doesn't come separately so you have to get the whole pump. The car had around 28,000 miles on it when I bought it. I was a little disappointed that a major part had to be replaced already. free under warranty but I am a little worried about down the road repairs. I hope it is better than the ford contour I had before that thing was always being repaired. I did do some research and found the type of engine inside the car is suppose to be good for 250,000 miles. I hope it lasts.

My Greatest Mistake
By Tom on 05/30/08 00:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First I have to say that it saddens me horribly to write a poor review for this car. It was such an amazing car for the longest time. My commute is 148 miles everyday and my Optima handled the long daily drive like a champ until this last month. At 63,373 miles the engine failed. It seized just cruising down the highway and nearly caused me to crash into the center divider. After a nice little dance with Kia, they agreed to replace it. At 65,973, the transmission had to be replaced. Finally a Kia mechanic told me that the 07 models have some severe quality issues. He said that owners who do heavy driving, and have long commutes have had head gasket, engine and transmission problems.

Poor Reliability
By JonBoy3109 on 05/20/08 02:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car ran perfectly fine for the first 42,000 miles and then everything went downhill. Head gasket blew, then the automatic transmission went crazy on me & blew, cruise control went out, car has died three times on the highway and left me stranded. I babied the heck out of the car. Mobil 1 full synthetic oil every three thousand miles, new transmission fluid, all scheduled maintenance, everything. The car really seemed to be perfect until it hit the 42,000 mile mark I sold the car last month and the new owner has informed me that the car has had numerous insanely costly problems. I warned him before he bought the car but he fell in love with the style and he said he read some great reviews.

I Love This Car
By rick fagan on 05/19/08 22:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drive 52 miles round trip sometimes six or seven times a week. The Optima handles very well in heavy traffic and the shifttronic feature is just the best to pick up speed fast. This car averages 28 miles per gallon and I have not had any car troubles.

Nice ride so far
By 4 door sedan on 05/12/08 21:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought this car new a week ago. Not many miles driven yet but so far the car has met/exceeded expectations. It's quiet in town and on the highway, even at 70/80 mph with only minor wind noise from the outside mirrors, a big improvement over my last car. Transmission is very smooth and the powertrain combination gives excellent performance on hills. Ride is comfortable but the driver seat needs an extra inch or two of seat cushion to give better thigh support for longer trips. I looked at the Civic and Nissan Sentra and Versa but dollar for dollar, the Optima was a no brainer, lot's of bang for the buck. I'll give another rating after I put more miles on the car.