2007 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Watch out for this one - SERIOUSLY
By Bev on 03/20/09 17:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our Kia Optima LX with only 11 miles on it. Not very much longer we started having trouble with the trunk coming open either driving down the road or sitting still, then we started having trouble with hesitation between 40 & 50 mph. It just seem like it was one thing after another along with the cruise control coming on by itself & air-bag wasn't working, lifter rattling, burning smell after the engine was shut off. Took it to the dealer many, many times & they said that they couldn't duplicate the problem so there was noting wrong with it. Kia said that they would not replace anything on the car, but they replaced the BCM without asking us & it still didn't help.

Great family car on a budget
By ps13_99 on 03/19/09 15:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought New in 2007 since standard safety features like curtain airbags, stability control etc were unavailable on other more pricey sedans. No problems at all with the car, just with the driver. Very roomy. Im 6'4 and am very impressed with the leg, and knee room. Steering wheel audio controls are great, intuitive. Very smooth transmission. Great headlights, halogen etc. I should have gotten the sunroof. Would definetily look for a used one if this one gets wrecked. Cant beat Kia or Hyundai for the money. Easily competes with camry. Highly recommended.

My worst car ever
By IdahoFallsLisa on 03/06/09 10:38 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems with my 2007 Kia Optima. The warranty is useless as you have to jump though hoops and pay crazy costs just to keep up the warranty. They recently replaced both my engine and transmission and the car runs awful. The dealership says that they have performed all the work that Kia would re-imburse them for.

The Worst Vehicle I have Ever Owned
By Miles on 03/03/09 21:11 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Well I am on my third automatic transmission. The first replacement was under warranty but the latest one cost me 2500 bucks. What happened to the "Best Warranty in America"? Totally bogus. This car has horrible build quality. Mechanically this car has by far been the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Starters go out and leave you stranded, unable to start the car. Even with synthetic oil changed every 3,000 miles my engine had to be replaced at 65,000 miles. My neighbor has the exact same car as me and he's had even worse luck mechanically with the car so I should consider myself lucky I guess.

Avoid At All Costs
By RickHadley on 02/17/09 20:37 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Kia Optima brand new. The car was great for the first 18 months. But this car is the worst vehicle I've ever owned. My automatic transmission went out at 60,076 miles. It seized up and left me stranded in the Arizona desert. My starter went out soon after. Engine was replaced just before 65,000 miles. The car has horrible resale value. I get pretty crappy MPG, 23 highway and 17 city.

Can not believe
By sad on 12/10/08 19:39 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 40,000 miles on it. Since then I have had to replace the headlights 2 times each, the tail lights 2 times and the starter went. I am reading all the reviews I am scared to see what is coming. I have had to replace the back brakes when all of a sudden they just started grinding the pad ripped off 359.00. The main belt went and had to be replaced.

best used car value
By usedcarbestbet on 10/26/08 21:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Was looking for a 2006 Hyundai sonata used then found this beauty which is a 2007 and got a way better price than the 2006 sonata and car is very similar. Has the same engine as the sonata and a better 5 speed auto trans sonata has 4 speed. This car gets better fuel economy than the sonata. The sonata does have a quieter and smoother ride however not as sporty on the turns as this car.

First new car
By happyasaclam on 07/23/08 22:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for one year today, and I love it more and more each day that I get behind that wheel. I hate to say that my baby has had to be in the shop a total of 8 times now. That is all do to the dealer that I bought it from. It got so bad, that I had to find a better dealership. There are a few things that are going wrong, and I am hopeful that they will be fixed right this time. The air bags in the front passenger side work when they want, the gas mileage is something all on its own, and the rear end is now having some problems that I have been waiting for to be fixed. All in all, I would never drive anything else. I love my KIA.

Standed and Confused
By Stranded on 07/09/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Kia Optima 1 year ago- this is my 3rd Kia. I received a Happy Birthday card from the dealer about a week before the shifter cable disengaged and nearly caused me to crash into a car while trying to park. The dealership examined the cable and said that they had never seen anything like it-nothing was broken or damaged, the cable just came off. Now, almost a month later, I am riding shotgun in my husband's truck as the cable once again has "disengaged". I seriously think there is a design flaw in this model and I am just glad I have never tried to used the manual shift feature-- imagine having the cable "disengaging" at 75 miles an hour on the interstate!

I love my KIA!
By Marcy on 07/01/08 05:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had an attitude about getting my Kia at first. I had a Hyundai and didn't want another car like that. I had to get it because of my job, I am in sales and drive a lot and needed something reliable. NOW! All I ever want is a KIA. They are stylish and sleek. IT drives like a caddy and I love the car, has never left me stranded and I am not so good about changing the oil and they are made to be able to go 10,000 max if you forget to change the oil like me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.