Used 2007 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Buy American not Korean
By lwa57

2007 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought new. Rear brakes wore unevenly. Down to metal at only 25k miles. Taylor Kia of Boardman says brake pads are not covered by warranty. However, the rear passenger brake is dragging. They claim caliper is ok. Uneven wear between wheels, (3 mm and 0 mm left rear vs 7mm and 3 mm on right rear pads) shows excessive wear on the outside pads. Wear indicator is on the inside pad so damage to rotor can happen before indicator makes noise. The dragging brake explains the poor mileage and sluggish power. Previous posts show a couple rear brake issues. Hmm! KIA called me back and said they stand behind their mechanic. Not warranty issue. So my next car will not be a Kia! Buy American!

Favorite Features

Cup holders. Roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Fix brake issues. Front brake should wear before the rear. All should wear evenly and should last longer than 25k miles.

Great Car!
By Happy Owner

2007 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Were such a great buy we bought two! The equipment for the price was unbelievable! Nice, solid fun to drive car. Have had both for a little over 2 years. Never had any mechanical problems with either one. MPG is the only downfall I found. Mine only averaged 18 mpg. The other one is better averaging 25. Probably my fault and the way I drive. Fixed that problem though. Traded mine in for a 2010 Kia Forte. So far so good. 27.6 mpg with the first fill up. But a totally different car. Resale price isn't that good so if you are looking to keep a great car for a long time the Optima is a good bet. As long as Kia is making good quality cars I will probably stay loyal!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Infinity sound system, great styling and plenty of power with the V6. Way too many other great features to mention!

Suggested Improvements

Don't have any!

Byron
By Byron

2007 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my optima for a little over 2 years. Purchased the car brand new. I put 67k on the car in one year. The car never had any major problems nor left me stranded. Recently i noticed a slight hesitation in power while driving @ a constant speed, as if the transmission is slipping, lack of fuel, or ignition break-up. Also when a come to a rolling stop then proceed to accelerate the transmission doesn't always down shift to 1st or 2nd. It has a tendency to pull off in third under 10 mph. I noticed it was 3rd gear when i switch to auto manual shift. Other than that I love my Kia but hate the dealer service of Car Town kia & Ricart Kia. They can't find issues unless the service engine light is ON!

Favorite Features

The entire car. The car has luxury appeal

Suggested Improvements

passenger seat should have more adjustment features

very dependable
By ANDREW

2007 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

bought this car with 160 miles on it now it has 48,000 and not one single problem sure its not that fun to drive and the inside lacks things its not a BMW people you get what you pay for but for reliability YOU CANT BEAT IT OR THE PRICE in almost 50,000 miles not one hicup gets great gas mileage i know for a fact that when i put the key in it will start the only reason i choose the kia is for one thing which is i need something that will last forever and wont kill my bank and i found it in the kia my next car you guessed it a kia.

Favorite Features

the warranty nobody beats it

Suggested Improvements

none

good CHEAP car
By junktier

2007 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

bought my Optima used with 7700 miles, 1 year and 16k later zero problems. gas mileage in town is all right at about 23 mpg but out on the highway gets 33 on average.

Favorite Features

really nice interior, strong heater, strong A/C, looks more expensive than what it is

Suggested Improvements

make drivers seat more comfortable, fixed in 2009 models