2007 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Decent car
By carcrayy on 06/27/13 07:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My mom has one she got it 5 years ago Its a 2007 mod and had 40,000 miles on it. not it has roughly 108k miles on it. Now for the past week, its been having trouble starting, once it took me 3 times to start it up but its been a good car. We haven't had any real serious problems with it, never had to replace a head gasket or trans. just simple things that are needed with every car, brakes, tires, oil etc. we've had a lot of problems with the lights blowing front and back. but I dont know if it had been wrecked before we got it or if its just the tires but it pulls to the right and after we got new tires it pulled even harder, but other than that its a great little car, has a lot of room

Am I Lucky?
By on 06/06/12 13:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my car on December 2007, 14 miles on it; has 40100 miles on it an there are a few cervices performed on it. Normal recommended maintenance performed at Kia service center like Oil changes and check fluid levels, rotate tires, check the brakes, etc. They told me at the service center about having to replace the brake pads wen it had only about 26K miles ( No warranty ), then The Battery died about 26500 ( No warranty ), the sun shades broke, they won’t stay up so they have to be replaced (Covered by the car warranty ), At 31K miles I noticed that my car direction pulls to my Right just barely so I Let them know about the problem But it was not covered by the warranty, the claimed

love my "killer kia"!
By mel_p on 06/16/11 12:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my optima (4 cyl, 5 sp. man.) about 2 years ago with 41 miles. It is now up to around 87k and still going strong. It had been wrecked before i bought it but I haven't had a problem in the world! I love it! Most of my miles are highway and I average around 26 mpg mixed, but my husband has gotten as much as 31 out of it. Its got plenty of pep through 2nd gear, but you loose ground when you hit 3rd. About the last two months I've been noticing a noise when I am stopped with the car in neutral and the clutch released, but it stops when I press the clutch (think its a throw out bearing). Fantastic car!

5.5 Months since Purchase
By Jason on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Optima LX (4cyl) with 45,100 miles. I have 52,000 now. It's been mostly back and forth to work (16 miles each way) and one trip to Michigan which was 1,000. On the trip I averaged 33 mpg with the AC running. I think the car is made solid. People have told me Kia's are reliable, we will see I have a 5 yr loan on it. I have an issue with the dome light coming on by itself, which temporarily I fixed by removing the light bulb. Handles nice, acceleration is awesome (esp in manual mode), braking is good (only had to stomp the pedal once).

Buy American not Korean
By lwa57 on 08/03/10 17:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought new. Rear brakes wore unevenly. Down to metal at only 25k miles. Taylor Kia of Boardman says brake pads are not covered by warranty. However, the rear passenger brake is dragging. They claim caliper is ok. Uneven wear between wheels, (3 mm and 0 mm left rear vs 7mm and 3 mm on right rear pads) shows excessive wear on the outside pads. Wear indicator is on the inside pad so damage to rotor can happen before indicator makes noise. The dragging brake explains the poor mileage and sluggish power. Previous posts show a couple rear brake issues. Hmm! KIA called me back and said they stand behind their mechanic. Not warranty issue. So my next car will not be a Kia! Buy American!

Great Car!
By Happy Owner on 06/27/10 04:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Were such a great buy we bought two! The equipment for the price was unbelievable! Nice, solid fun to drive car. Have had both for a little over 2 years. Never had any mechanical problems with either one. MPG is the only downfall I found. Mine only averaged 18 mpg. The other one is better averaging 25. Probably my fault and the way I drive. Fixed that problem though. Traded mine in for a 2010 Kia Forte. So far so good. 27.6 mpg with the first fill up. But a totally different car. Resale price isn't that good so if you are looking to keep a great car for a long time the Optima is a good bet. As long as Kia is making good quality cars I will probably stay loyal!

Byron
By Byron on 06/26/10 09:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my optima for a little over 2 years. Purchased the car brand new. I put 67k on the car in one year. The car never had any major problems nor left me stranded. Recently i noticed a slight hesitation in power while driving @ a constant speed, as if the transmission is slipping, lack of fuel, or ignition break-up. Also when a come to a rolling stop then proceed to accelerate the transmission doesn't always down shift to 1st or 2nd. It has a tendency to pull off in third under 10 mph. I noticed it was 3rd gear when i switch to auto manual shift. Other than that I love my Kia but hate the dealer service of Car Town kia & Ricart Kia. They can't find issues unless the service engine light is ON!

very dependable
By ANDREW on 02/20/10 11:57 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

bought this car with 160 miles on it now it has 48,000 and not one single problem sure its not that fun to drive and the inside lacks things its not a BMW people you get what you pay for but for reliability YOU CANT BEAT IT OR THE PRICE in almost 50,000 miles not one hicup gets great gas mileage i know for a fact that when i put the key in it will start the only reason i choose the kia is for one thing which is i need something that will last forever and wont kill my bank and i found it in the kia my next car you guessed it a kia.

good CHEAP car
By junktier on 12/13/09 23:34 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

bought my Optima used with 7700 miles, 1 year and 16k later zero problems. gas mileage in town is all right at about 23 mpg but out on the highway gets 33 on average.

Scarry to drive Optima
By Customer on 11/10/09 15:33 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have this car for two years and have constant problem with passenger air bag sign not turned off if passenger about 150 lbs is present. No problems with passenger of 200 lbs. NHTSA has 32 complaints for Optima 2006-2008 for the same problem with couple of injured persons, but the only thing Dealer and KIA representative suggested is "passenger need to sit exactly in the middle of the seat, only in upright position, no legs crossed, no leaning on one side or another.If problem occurs, stop the car and restart it". Seems as just an excuse for malfunctioning and dangerous design flaw. Quite scary to be a passenger in this car, no proper company response to the unsafe design flaw so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.