Used 2007 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Great car until now..
By wolfenbuttel

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car Used from Enterprise car sales with 43,000 miles on it. Gas mileage was below expected averaging around 20-24 instead of the 28-32 like the sticker said. Absolutely love the look and design of the car but, have had numerous problems with the transmission not shifting smoothly. The headlights and tail light bulbs blowing every 6 months, but fixed that issue with an HID conversion kit on the car. The trunk randomly pops open on it's own, and It has had the worst electrical issue with the AC randomly shutting off and on, Dealership tried to tell me it was the blower motor but that was a lie. I had it replaced and it does the same thing.

The controls on my steering wheel do the opposite of what they are labeled. Now my radio doesn't work and ate a CD that I cannot get out of the radio. The AM and FM reception is absolutely awful, and the Passenger air bag light never disengages even with a passenger in the seat. Both of my sun visors have broke and have to be replaced $150. Luckily I can do most of the work my self. The most major problem other than the electrical is The car has left me stranded because it wouldn't start. It has a cracked intake manifold somehow and, the connectors from the manifold to the engine block are leaking and sucking in air causing the car to run lean at idle and triggers the CE light.

Make buying parts for the car easier!! it makes me so mad that every time I try to buy a part for this car it's a specialty part that I can only get through the dealership! Which by the way is a heck of a lot more expensive than it should be. The dealership should stop lieing to people about the passenger airbag light. Also be upfront and let people know the transmission fluid has to be flushed and filled every 30K miles not the normal 80-90k like every other transmission out there.

Decent car
By carcrayy

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My mom has one she got it 5 years ago Its a 2007 mod and had 40,000 miles on it. not it has roughly 108k miles on it. Now for the past week, its been having trouble starting, once it took me 3 times to start it up but its been a good car. We haven't had any real serious problems with it, never had to replace a head gasket or trans. just simple things that are needed with every car, brakes, tires, oil etc. we've had a lot of problems with the lights blowing front and back. but I dont know if it had been wrecked before we got it or if its just the tires but it pulls to the right and after we got new tires it pulled even harder, but other than that its a great little car, has a lot of room

Am I Lucky?
By

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my car on December 2007, 14 miles on it; has 40100 miles on it an there are a few cervices performed on it. Normal recommended maintenance performed at Kia service center like Oil changes and check fluid levels, rotate tires, check the brakes, etc. They told me at the service center about having to replace the brake pads wen it had only about 26K miles ( No warranty ), then The Battery died about 26500 ( No warranty ), the sun shades broke, they won’t stay up so they have to be replaced (Covered by the car warranty ), At 31K miles I noticed that my car direction pulls to my Right just barely so I Let them know about the problem But it was not covered by the warranty, the claimed

All the features on my car I Enjoy.

Dimming windows with control, that will be nice with 99.9% UV protection, all of them.....

love my "killer kia"!
By mel_p

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my optima (4 cyl, 5 sp. man.) about 2 years ago with 41 miles. It is now up to around 87k and still going strong. It had been wrecked before i bought it but I haven't had a problem in the world! I love it! Most of my miles are highway and I average around 26 mpg mixed, but my husband has gotten as much as 31 out of it. Its got plenty of pep through 2nd gear, but you loose ground when you hit 3rd. About the last two months I've been noticing a noise when I am stopped with the car in neutral and the clutch released, but it stops when I press the clutch (think its a throw out bearing). Fantastic car!

5.5 Months since Purchase
By Jason

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Optima LX (4cyl) with 45,100 miles. I have 52,000 now. It's been mostly back and forth to work (16 miles each way) and one trip to Michigan which was 1,000. On the trip I averaged 33 mpg with the AC running. I think the car is made solid. People have told me Kia's are reliable, we will see I have a 5 yr loan on it. I have an issue with the dome light coming on by itself, which temporarily I fixed by removing the light bulb. Handles nice, acceleration is awesome (esp in manual mode), braking is good (only had to stomp the pedal once).

Entry level sound system! Blue lit instrument lighting, value, HVAC blower motor (have had cars that barely even moved the air), looks of a more expensive car, insurance cost, 2 power points, spacious interior, high beam coverage

Key fob button layout, better back support, standard fog lights, low beams poor.