2006 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
ehh
By zoom_zoom89 on 07/29/13 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

best car ive personally owned, but have had to put $1500 in the past 4months, not counting reg maintenance. NOT cheap parts like i had expected, will be searching for a honda next time.

Never getting a KIA again
By never_a_kia on 05/15/12 15:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Optima Sedan New EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I will never own a KIA again. I had to get the AC replaced 2 months after getting it new off the lot took them 4 weeks. I have also had to replace the sun visors 3 times on each side. The visors are only replaced in the first 50K, and I am not going to pay $130.00 for the visor now. Even the dealer says they see them all the time with velcro, tape, and one person stapled them up. The computer says that I am getting 29MPG but I have NEVER gotten it that good. I keep up the maintenance and when I run the numbers while filling up I am getting 19 to 20MPG. I will not even get into how you can't set the castor and camber on the front end. If you are cutting tires you can't fix it.

Wheel alignment
By luigi54c on 03/18/12 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Optima Sedan New LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I took this car out of the dealership, new in 2006, it had problems pulling to the right. I took it back 3 times to the dealer and they could not fix it. At times they used the values of the 2004 model. I have taken it to other alignment shops, and the alignment problem never got good. It pulls to the right. Yesterday i was changing the oil filter and I noticed 3 shims 1/16" thick on one side of the frame. It looks like the frame is the problem, it was never straight.

visors
By luigi54c on 03/18/12 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Optima Sedan New LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

There is no reason that a car manufacturer can not use a proven design of a part that has never had any problems in the past, for any car make. I had my driver side replaced at the dealership, and although I used it normally, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. But when the passenger side went bad, with hardly any use, it sure made me wonder about their quality of product. Kia should stand behind it and provide a product that does not break!!!

Comfortable car
By 49jeepster on 04/24/11 06:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Optima Sedan New EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new loaded for wife in early 07 and we're the original owners with only 37K miles in 4 years. It is not as refined as the Camry or Accord but much more comfortable. We bought it for the 10 year warranty and rear legroom since we often carry 4 tall adults. I usually don't fit in cars with a sunroof because of my height but this one fits. V6, auto and 24MPG. Major complaint is recent check engine lite for the fuel vapor system with multiple dealer visits but all under warranty so far.

You've got to be kidding me!!!
By dezjet on 03/12/11 08:31 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car, 2006.5 Optima two years ago based on the semi-glowing reviews of this and other sites. What a mistake. I'm wondering if there are any real drivers out there. This car is an engineering piece of junk, nice looking with accessorie wheels, but not much else. MPG is puzzling also. Only car I've ever had that got poorer mileage on the freeway than around town-dealer can't explain this phenomena. Oh, great ad campaign, Kia, all image and no substance. End note: if you drive like grandma or the snowbirds we entertain in Az, by all means, buy the Kia. If you're any other kind of driver, push it far, far, down your list. Disappointment is waiting.

I'm a Kia Fan!
By Camwise on 05/19/10 22:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Optima Sedan New LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this car for about 9 months and it has been great. We even bought it from a car rental place! It has run great with no major mechanical issues. Occasionaly when its been a while since the last oil change it will be hesitant on the acceleration and the check engine light comes on, but once you change the oil its back to perfect. Now my wife and I are searching for an SUV and lets just say the Kia Borrego is high on our list! Kia makes quality cars and your not going to find anything more reliable than this for the price! I get 25-30 miles per gallon with a good mix driving of highway and city miles.

Good Commuter Car
By Michael on 03/22/10 00:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Optima Sedan New LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this purely as a commuter car, I have another fun car and I didn't buy this car to look good or have fun. For a commuter car, it's perfect. Nothing fancy, cheap. Of course Toyotas and Honda's are nicer, but if you just need something cheap, reliable and has enough basic features - this car is perfect. Acceleration is good enough. I put 100 miles/day on it, and I cruise at 75-80 mph most of the way and it handles it fine. I test drove some Chevy's and I liked the Kia better.

Worst Mistake Ever Made
By iAmDizzie on 02/14/10 20:22 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in Feb. 2007 to replace 2000 Kia Sephia. Biggest mistake we could've made. Less than two months after purchasing it, we had to have the compressor for the AC replaced and that was just the first in a line of major issues we had over the 3 years we had this piece of junk. The crank shaft pulley broke, which in turn caused the timing belt to have to be replaced, too. Then, we started having to replace at least one low-beam headlight every month because they kept blowing. The final straw was that the passenger door started having some kind of issue where it wouldn't unlock and stay unlocked - you unlock, pull handle, then it re-locks itself. FINALLY got rid of this car last week!

I'm a New Kia Fan!
By Seth on 05/25/09 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Optima Sedan New LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Optima. I bought it 3yrs. old with 32k miles. It now has 37k miles. It's been a very enjoyable car. Although it's a midsize family sedan, it's fun to drive with its mildly sporty character. The 4cyl. has plenty of pep and returns good mileage for a car this size. Fuel economy has ranged from 27-34mpg. That's with about 80% hwy driving. The 5-spd manual is not all that great in terms of feel, but makes the car more fun to drive. The suspension is firm, yet rides smoothly. On bumps and rough roads however, it feels too harsh. Steering feel is fairly tight and responsive, but could be better at lower speeds. Brakes feel great. Seats are very comfortable, but lack lumbar support.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.