2005 Kia Optima Consumer Review: Front doors will not open

2005 Kia Optima - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Front doors will not open
By carrie748 on

2005 Kia Optima EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Kia's doors started locking and unlocking by themselves while I was driving. I am currently unable to open either one of my front doors and have to climb over the back seat of my car. Research as shown that this is a commen defect of the car. Beware before buying becasue Kia will not fix this issue. It is a serious safety concern. And very costly. I wouldn't recommend buying this if you are looking for a safe car because sooner or later your doors are likely to lock up on you also.

None at this time.

I would LOVE to be able to enter and exit my car through the front doors.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By ackeegrl
on 08/01/15 07:18 AM (PDT)

I had to take mine to Pep Boys to get the door fixed. I filed a consumer complaint after calling Kia Coporate that told me it was not a problem and nobody died with that problem. Apparently, they are waiting for a body count to get sued for them to realize getting locked in your car is a safety hazard if there were an accident. Even the mechanic had to cimb in the car and take the door apart to fix it. The parts alone cost almost $200 and then add labor to it. An expensive fix. Every door should be able to open no matter how old.