2005 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Fun & Easy to Drive
By happywheels on 05/13/14 16:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia EX brand new in 2005. It's now 2014 and she's still running great & looks wonderful. The leather interior has done extremely well and there has only been one minor switch that was fixed ... other than that she's be completely problem free. Only trading her since we need a larger vehicle; otherwise, I'd keep her for another 9 years! Great purchase! We actually purchase another Optima in 2011 and it's doing great also. The larger vehicle will also be a Kia. Great cars.

Excellent car!
By prodigit on 09/24/12 19:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it in 2012, second hand, for $3000. Can't complain. A little low on MPG though... Very luxurious, but after 50k miles starts to have lots of issues.

THE SMILING COBRA
By alantalbot on 02/18/12 19:04 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it used from Enterprise Cars in Jan 2007, it had 40K miles on it then. Had it for almost exactly 5 years. In that span of time, nothing really ever went wrong with it. It drove great. I did all the required maintenance on it. Timing belt was done at 75K. After about 4 years, gas mileage started to decline. Took it in for fuel system cleaning and a few other things. Suddenly, with no warning, there was an engine malfunction. It wasn't even overheating or making noise, but it was permanently damaged. I said goodbye to it was it was taken away to the junkyard, got 600 bucks for it. I was told by others that altho Kia is kinda cheaply made, that they'll run forever. What a lie.

piece of &%$#......
By joel29m on 10/18/11 18:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

ive been getting work done on this car since the first year we had it! problems: 2 batteries, timing belt, condenser, lights, 3 thermostats, motor mounts, valve cover gasket leaks, oem car stereo, air bag, tension pully, and rear seatbelt. bought it in 2005, and getting rid of asap!!! got into it with the dealer about the warranty, and it only has 89,000 miles and had more ##@# done to it than my 91 corolla by 80%!!!!

Front doors will not open
By carrie748 on 08/24/11 09:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Kia's doors started locking and unlocking by themselves while I was driving. I am currently unable to open either one of my front doors and have to climb over the back seat of my car. Research as shown that this is a commen defect of the car. Beware before buying becasue Kia will not fix this issue. It is a serious safety concern. And very costly. I wouldn't recommend buying this if you are looking for a safe car because sooner or later your doors are likely to lock up on you also.

More and better than expectation
By AstroBike on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've bought 2005 Kia Optima EX V6 from a private seller as a used car for my high school son. This is a hidden jewel! Fast, tight, luxurious, reliable, etc. I'm more than 100% satisfied with this car. I think that Kia (and Hyundai) is under estimated than its real value. It's good factor to consumers though.

Great solid car
By Rhonda on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 4 yrs now. Bought it used with 20,000 miles on it, now has 130,000+. Only money I have spent on the car is oil changes and tires (still haven't tuned it up), oh yeah and like many others, lots of headlights. Just 3 weeks ago though my speedometer went out. No idea how much that is going to cost me to repair. I have taken the car on many across the country road trips with no problems. Love the car except the annoying headlight issue, what is up with that anyway?

Under-estimated Jewel
By AstroBike on 09/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've bought 2005 Kia Optima EX V6 from a private person as a used car in August 28, 2010. It's in excellent condition with low mileage (only 53k miles). Frankly, I didn't expect any excellencies from it before driving, but I've been changed totally about Kia and Optima. It's a fantastic sedan I've ever driven. It's Powerful, comfort, quiet, fast, luxurious, roomy, sporty exterior design (better than latest model), etc. I'm really enjoying the driving of this jewel.

I love my Kia!
By melly07 on 07/12/10 22:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car used with 84,000 miles on it, it's been a great car, currently we have to replace the blower resistor in the a/c but warranty is covering it. This car has plenty of power and handles very well.

Kia Optima ALi
By ASyed on 05/03/10 17:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 3 years ago and i haven't had any problems. I haven't really been maintaining this car as should but it doesn't bother me at all. very reliable. this car is definitely undervalued. should compete with Honda or Camry.