2004 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

2004 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
New Purchase of Used Kia Optima
By Doug Pierce on 04/02/07 10:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a 2004 Kia Optima, I like the way the car rides and handles, engine seems strong and fuel economy so far is averaging appx. 25.6 mpg city and country driving. I wish the car had auto headlamps and auto door locking. Otherwise I am very happy so far, I just purchased the vehicle with 60640 miles on. Body and paint are excellent, interior is spotless. I like the way the driver's seat fits me, I am short however I can sit back from the steering wheel and still reach the accelerator and brake pedal. In my 97 Buick which this replaces, I had to sit much to close to the steering wheel, miss the power seat and dual AC. Otherwise a great vehicle. Thanks.

Looking for a good used car?
By jim on 02/24/07 20:53 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I now have about 40K miles and over 2 years on this car (see my 7/02/05 review) and no major problems. I average about 23mpg in mixed hwy/city driving. I would definitely recommend this as a great used car buy (but only the V6). I have had a few minor things fixed at no cost under warranty: rattle in rear view mirror, license plate light cracked, and the keyless entry control unit stopped responding. The engine still purrs and It rides just as smooth and quiet as ever with no rattles. I am looking forward to the next 40K miles.

Excellent - Best by Far
By D Duke on 01/07/07 05:46 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this for high miles use and Kia warranty and outstanding value. 4th KIA owned - all excellent with high miles. Have never been left on the road walking by any of 4 Kia's owned. Currently own 2 Optima's. Emergency road service excellent when I locked key out of KIA 2000 model. Atlanta rapid response and back inside within an hour. Top ride and good gas mpg...30+. As a Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, Infiniti etc. owner who loves great cars, this is best overall for price, mpg, warranty, and reliability. On road all hours day and night and it gets me there. Always.

Great Quality & Service
By Capt 4 on 10/28/06 23:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first automatic I have owned in years. The car has style, a great sound system and is worth the money. Good value by far, for what you get. Many come up and ask me how do I like the car. Are there any problems? I tell them for about $9k less than the Japanese brands, with the same features and no problems it's a good value. I will say the service is by far # 1 on their agenda - they do a good job of pleasing the customer. The only bad feature is outdated colors for the newer cars. We had all the green and dark grey cars to last for another century. Especially when you want to attract younger buyers. Take a tip from Toyo and Nissan when it's color time Kia and Hyundai!

GAS MPG
By analyzerlx on 10/01/06 21:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The odometer reads 34,400 so far and going strong. I commute pretty often now and I've been going from Georgia to Maryland, VA or NC. I recently checked my MPGs and was pretty happy to see it is around 32.4 MPG. I think that's great since the EPA highway is only supposed to be 27. The car has a few mysterious dings. Other than that it has been a very comfortable ride. I believe it should reach 100,000 with no problem. I plan on fixing the timing chain at 60,000 and will see if I have a problem after that.

best bang for your buck
By Lebruf on 07/13/06 22:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this used from an auction through my cousin's dealership. I was out the door for under $11,000. I was skeptical at first because of the name and Hyundai's prior reputation...but I was thoroughly impressed. I was sick of doing repairs on my old VW and wanted something with a warranty. I never have had a problem, and I beat this thing up in terms of mileage. It's great for long trips, as quick as I need it to be (the V6 Tiptronic HAULS) and well... it makes me feel good. I feel good because 4 or 5 of my friends spent about 5-6 grand more on an Accord or Camry and it wasn't as nice as the Optima.

Korea's Biggest kept Secret
By NCCU EAGLE on 05/04/06 18:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia with 30k miles on it. Since I have bought the car I have driven about 13k miles without one single problem with it.

Nice family sedan
By ol luke on 02/14/06 10:08 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a nice car for the money. It has the optional "sportamatic" auto- clutch transmission. I wish it wouldn't kick down automatically. The cloth seats are comfortable, and it rides like a Cadillac. Has as many features as our 1995 Maxima - minus the leather and climate control (Maxima bought used for $12,000, Kia bought new for $14,000.). Great Honda or Toyota alternative. Give Kia a try!

Why I Love The KIA Optima...
By Anthony on 02/11/06 22:14 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well first of all, please do not think that I just JUMPED into an Optima without knowing the car first. Working for Enterprise, I get to test out and drive pretty much every midrange vehicle on the market, from the Toyota Camry to the VW Passat. And given that the Camry, Accord and Passat are all very reliable cars and well respected, DO NOT count out the KIA Optima! From the FIRST day I sat behind the wheel of the Optima, I fell in love with it, despite my first love was the Mazda 3 & 6! The fact is that the Optima is fun yet practical and YES, VERY reliable. it makes an AWESOME purchase! If you're in the market to purchase a new car, please consider the Optima!

I'm a believer
By Frank on 11/06/05 16:13 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The steering power assist is over compensated and the steering feels almost artificial, but I will never complain about it again. I had a near miss on the freeway yesterday and my Optima maneuvered excellently. If it wasnít for its excellent maneuverability and the power of the V6, I may not have been here to write this. Most people do not believe I paid $20k for the car (with $3K cash back); most say I must have must have paid at least $25K (it's loaded, leather, abs, and power everything). Its longevity remains to be seen, but for now, Iím a believer.