Used 2004 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Reliable Kia Optima LX sedan 4cyl(1.8L)
By 1st Time Kia

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

purchased in '05 w/approx. 11k mi. Driven to Den.,CO & back. Not alot of torque for hills,but nice speed. Man/Auto Trans(nice for accel). Pwr steering defective twice. just hit 97k mi. needed Timing belt. Doesn't brake good on quick stop;will slide. Quarter panel dents easy a little. Paint around doorkey fades & driver doorlock played out in the rain 3 days ago. No real complaints. Has good features(pwr lock,cd,compartment/storage,cruise, starter safety(kill)switch,trunk square (space). Takes about $60 to fill @$3 p/gal. OK mileage. Maintain w/svc every 3k mi. & no problem. Oh,it jus start shaking, maybe coil- pack/misfire. Jus fixed timing,hope shop did its job & check for underlying cause!

comfortable seating & space. Can handle high speed on freeway with ease unlike my 2001 mitsu mirage. Radio system has nice power. Design is cool.

Power steering, mileage, Electrical system

HORRIBLE piece of junk
By David

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had my Kia for about 2 years. Constant trouble. Timing belt, pully, power steering, and now the computer is out. Guess I will have to sell it on ebay for a few hundred bucks.

Blinkers work good

When my computer went out my mechanic said he had seen this problem on many Kia Optima's, so I think the computer needs to be improved - its cheaply made and designed.

Will never buy a Kia again
By Carmen

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle 3 years ago and I've had nothing but problems. Kia's 100,000 mile warranty only applies if you are the original owner which is dumb. I see why the warranty expires at 100,000 mile because that's when all the problems begin. I always keep up with the maintenance because this is my only transportation to work, so I make it a point to take good care of it; but even then it seems like everything is going wrong with it. I absolutely hate it!

I lOVE THIS CAR
By rvingsuz

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first car I have ever picked out for myself and am I ever happy with it. It handles very smoothly and is sooooo comfortable for me....fits me well. I have followed the manufacturers suggestions on care and have not had any problems. It runs great and corners like an expensive sports car. I know, I drive on winding roads regularly. Very fun and inexpensive to own.

The ability to shift from auto to manual transmission has been a plus for me. Seats are very comfortable.

It could have a bit more headroom. My boyfriend is very long waisted and he has trouble getting in it.

Don't Do It.....
By ramon

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my first Kia in 2004, Optima Lx,4 cyl, numerous problems, radio went out, power steering hose leaked, windshield wiper motor out, timing belt defective, overheating problem not yet fixed, had trouble passing emissions, crank sensor went out(which shuts down motor completely) Will never buy a Kia again.