Used 2004 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Horrible!
By Angela

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Worst car i have EVER had. My 95' sat urn was better than this w/ 160,000 miles! My grandfather bought me a 2004 Kia Optima LX in June of 2006 for my graduation present. I LOVED the car when i first got it. Now i HATE it. I have to change out my headlights at least once or twice every three months. The belts on this car always break. The hoses don't last long AT ALL. My struts are always needing replaced. I always keep up on the maintenance on this car.. but it seems like i have spent MORE on this car for repairs than what my grandfather bought it for. I will NEVER EVER own another kia in my entire life. Stay away from these cares.They are crap!

Favorite Features

Nothing.

Suggested Improvements

The whole Kia company needs to be shut down!

2004 kia optima lx v6!!!!
By AHartman90

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my kia in April 2009 I have had no problems with it so far it is a realy Nice car I put a high flow intake and a cherry bomb in it and it gave me a little better performance... The head lights keep going out but thats it with problems. I didn't like kias befor I got this on I have about 180-185 and 140-145 foot lbs of torque! I highly recommend the 2004 kia optima for anyone!

Favorite Features

the 2.7 v6, roomy in the front and back and much more

Suggested Improvements

get one!!

Stylish but electrical night mare
By Happy but nervous..

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car at a reasonable price. The Interior and Exterior are both in great condition and I love the way it rides and all the bells and whistles. BUT, the power locks LOCKED ME IN MY CAR!!!! I can't lock the doors with the switch inside I must ride with the car unlocked. Not a good selling point. Otherwise I love it but who wants to climb out of the passanger side????? This is a major issue that I'm hoping won't cost very much to fix.! KIA please note this problem so future owners won't go through this not to mention how dangerous being locked in your car COULD BE!

Favorite Features

Colors, stereo, sunglass holder, cup holder and most of all the Child Safety features. GREAT JOB!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Electrical Work. Please be mindful of the sensors. Cheap is not best when your customers are LOCKED in their cars. Word of mouth is the best or worst advertisement!

optima reiview
By kia opt

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A good car overall and bang for you buck. I had some minor issues which the dealer took care and did not had to pay. The car has been very reliable however do notice a jurk from trans once in a while if I don't change the trans oil every year. Expensive to maintian the car because of parts and labour is costly. The handling is decent but the tires could have been bigger. Ride quality is excellent and comfy. The v6 engine is outstanding when exceling. Interior built quality could be more durable. But I am not complaining as I have 125K miles and the car is going strong.

Favorite Features

Comfort, Auto stick trans, excelaration, handling at slower speeds, steering softness, sterio, shocks, abs

Suggested Improvements

Interior build quality, paint job, better design of powertrain for cheaper repairs, bigger tires for cornering, rear seat room

Reliable Kia Optima LX sedan 4cyl(1.8L)
By 1st Time Kia

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

purchased in '05 w/approx. 11k mi. Driven to Den.,CO & back. Not alot of torque for hills,but nice speed. Man/Auto Trans(nice for accel). Pwr steering defective twice. just hit 97k mi. needed Timing belt. Doesn't brake good on quick stop;will slide. Quarter panel dents easy a little. Paint around doorkey fades & driver doorlock played out in the rain 3 days ago. No real complaints. Has good features(pwr lock,cd,compartment/storage,cruise, starter safety(kill)switch,trunk square (space). Takes about $60 to fill @$3 p/gal. OK mileage. Maintain w/svc every 3k mi. & no problem. Oh,it jus start shaking, maybe coil- pack/misfire. Jus fixed timing,hope shop did its job & check for underlying cause!

Favorite Features

comfortable seating & space. Can handle high speed on freeway with ease unlike my 2001 mitsu mirage. Radio system has nice power. Design is cool.

Suggested Improvements

Power steering, mileage, Electrical system