Used 2004 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Oops, I lost in the used car game
By nbafreak2007

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in the summer of 09 with 63k miles. I had i checked out and all was well. That was the only thing that has gone right with the car. It is a money pit, I have had to replace the Clutch, flywheel, pressure plate etc along with the timing belt and water pump, and now the driver's side door will not unlock itself. This may be the worst car I have ever purchased I have invested more than 2500 in a car worth only 3000. I will never by a Kia or a Hyundai again and would recommend that no one else buy one either.

Nothing

The Quality of the materials used, and how it was put together

It stinks
By sjspiva

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had trouble out of it ever since the belt broke, left me strand on the side of road with out warning. I had no power on the car, shut down everything. Broke the motor support now the power steering is messed up. The mess up rack and pinon ad to clean out hold system and do for wheel alignment and this leaves me without a vehicle and 661.00 in debt on disability I think it stinks oh yeah buy a Kia

buy American made

Very Reliable, Fun to Drive Car
By sdanie18

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was hesitant about buying a Kia, I had originally wanted an Accord but I needed a more affordable car. I have to say this car has changed my opinion of Kia - it's been very reliable in the nearly 2 years I have owned it. I purchased the car with 56K and now have nearly 78K on the odometer. I consider this car a lot of fun to drive because my previous car was a 1994 Buick Century! I think if you keep up to date with maintenance (and don't get stuck with a lemon like some people on here must have) then you will have a great car on your hands.

Fun/ease of driving; pep of the V6; interior room/design

Better gas mileage; ABS standard on all models (luckily my car has ABS)

beware of 04 optima
By mike fletchinger

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this optima in 2006 with about 22,000 miles. A friend, a kia service tech, said I would love this car. When used, the warranty only goes to 60,000 miles. After about 61,000 the air bag light came on, the cruise control and speedometer sometimes don't work and the transmission has gotten really rough especially in cold weather and on these cold spring mornings. It will have to be replaced. What started out to be a pleasure has started to become a nightmare.

Looks,comfort

Road noise,better transmission, longer warranty for used

Great Little Car
By Leila

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2004. Aside from a CV axle issue starting around 50K miles, I have had no problems. I have bought tires, replaced the front brakes and done routine maintenance and that's it! She just rolled over 140,000 miles this past weekend and we're still rocking along. I'm looking forward to my next purchase: the 2011 Sorento.