2004 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
HORRIBLE piece of junk
By David on 01/10/10 01:32 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had my Kia for about 2 years. Constant trouble. Timing belt, pully, power steering, and now the computer is out. Guess I will have to sell it on ebay for a few hundred bucks.

Will never buy a Kia again
By Carmen on 12/09/09 13:43 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle 3 years ago and I've had nothing but problems. Kia's 100,000 mile warranty only applies if you are the original owner which is dumb. I see why the warranty expires at 100,000 mile because that's when all the problems begin. I always keep up with the maintenance because this is my only transportation to work, so I make it a point to take good care of it; but even then it seems like everything is going wrong with it. I absolutely hate it!

I lOVE THIS CAR
By rvingsuz on 09/27/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first car I have ever picked out for myself and am I ever happy with it. It handles very smoothly and is sooooo comfortable for me....fits me well. I have followed the manufacturers suggestions on care and have not had any problems. It runs great and corners like an expensive sports car. I know, I drive on winding roads regularly. Very fun and inexpensive to own.

Don't Do It.....
By ramon on 09/17/09 19:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my first Kia in 2004, Optima Lx,4 cyl, numerous problems, radio went out, power steering hose leaked, windshield wiper motor out, timing belt defective, overheating problem not yet fixed, had trouble passing emissions, crank sensor went out(which shuts down motor completely) Will never buy a Kia again.

Decent Cheap Car
By 2004 Kia Optima LX on 08/11/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 40k miles on it. It now has almost 105k and I haven't had any major problems with it. I have kept up on my maintenance so that probably helps. I just had to have my alignment fixed because my tires kept popping, but that was only $50. If you keep up with the maintenance this car should last you!

Should have got a honda
By frankl1955 on 08/09/09 12:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well its been almost 5 yrs and only 34k mi. For the most part the car has been ok, but there is a troubling problem with rust. If you live in a salt state like Ohio, do not buy this car. The 2004 and earlier optima has a bad under body rust problem which includes the sub frame. Things like metal brake disc shields have already rusted off and most hardware like hose clamps and other hardware in the rear are about gone. None of this is covered under their warranty. The drive train may last 10 years, but much of the underneath won’t be there.

Be careful
By Jaymarie on 08/04/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the car when I first got it, but I had so many little issues with it. First, I believe i replaced the head lights about 17 times, its OK on gas but now that the Car is 5 I have lots of rust the paint is going on it, the power steering has given me so many problems, and to get it replaced the cost is unreasonable for a vehicle that is suppose to be a good investment for your money... You pay for it in the end. I am looking for another car.

Great car BUT.........
By Chris Bell on 07/25/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought an 04' Kia Optima EX 4 cyl. from a used car dealer in August of last year. This a GREAT car! I've been told it looks like from far away a Jag so I call it my Kia-Jag. Interior is great, power everything,leather, fog lights, wood grain, 6 speaker Infinity Sound system with a sunroof but I dont like the gas mileage. For a Kia I was thinking it was gonna be better but I should have done more research. 17/ city 23/highway was not what I was looking for, but hey you get what you pay for. Hope this was helpful

Best car I've ever owned
By 1Canuck on 06/03/09 18:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2006 with 18K miles, now (2009) just went over 70K miles. Hands-down the best car I've ever owned. I track gas mileage every fill-up and have averaged 27mpg combined city/hwy driving. Car has been very reliable though I did make sure to preemptively change my timing belt at 50K miles just to be safe! Car is comfortable, handles great, very strong for a 4cyl and looks great. Would definitely buy another Optima without hesitation!

Optima
By KIA on 11/20/08 20:44 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Optima with about 52000 miles. Overall, it is pretty reliable and fuel economy is good, however it could be better. So far the only things I had to replace are the power steering hose, batteries and the lightbulb in the headlight. At times when I start my car, the cars stalls and takes a couple of seconds to start going.