Used 2004 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Overall Good Car
By Anthony J.

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car in 2005 when we had addition to our family. Looked at Altima, Malibu, Impala & Accord but they were more than we were willing to pay. Some how ended up on Kia lot and that's where the story begins. Took car for test drive:nice interior, sunroof, good power, auto-stick. I was really surprised. I haven't had a single problem with it since I've owned the car besides getting a new battery and routine maintanence. The paint job, however, isn't to good. Car doesn't hold its value.

V-6 has good power,mileage 400+ miles before the fuel light came on road trip,auto-stick, NO major problems, Good stock Infinity sound system

Firmer suspension, better paint job, roomier back seats

3 years with this car
By illnino

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When i first got it, i wasn't sure at first on getting a KIA, it wasn't my dream car. I had it for 3 years now and ive seen some of the reviews. It CAN be true when it comes to breaking down..but the fact is, its only for some people that could just get to point A to Point B. I only had trouble TWICE within 3 years of having it. I'm very patient when it comes to driving, slowing down, and i always do my oil/transmission/ and tune ups on time. I recommend ONLY for slow patient drivers, its a long lasting vehicle

Just the endurance over the years and smooth brake stops.

Headlights, its true, I always have to change them once every 4-5 months, other than that, its good.

Great car for the price
By a good one

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new six years ago. The only thing I've had to replace are the tires and the battery. I think this car is an excellent value. Just had the 60,000 mile service. It's running great and I plan to keep it until the warranty expires in 37,000 miles.

The car has a comfortable and attractive interior. I got the leather seats and the sunroof.

A little doggy on hills and a little noisy for long distance trips.

My best decision
By Suhail Sood

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used with 67,948 miles on it. Replaced transmission fluid and stock Infinity stereo with pioneer DEH- 2200UB and boom it sounds great with stock speakers and tweeters. Engine goes silent after 5 minutes of drive. I get about 23-27 mpg on regular commute. My Optima has California state emissions and don't have to worry about timing belt change until 105,000 miles Last time it averaged 30 mpg on my way to philadelphia from pittsburgh, 356 miles on a v6 and 30 mpg, what more do you want?

Feel of a big car, features, Tiptronic shift, comfortable, smoother engine, projector headlamps, ice cold air conditioning, no timing belt change required before 105,000 miles :D

paint quality, keyfobs and AWD

Oops, I lost in the used car game
By nbafreak2007

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in the summer of 09 with 63k miles. I had i checked out and all was well. That was the only thing that has gone right with the car. It is a money pit, I have had to replace the Clutch, flywheel, pressure plate etc along with the timing belt and water pump, and now the driver's side door will not unlock itself. This may be the worst car I have ever purchased I have invested more than 2500 in a car worth only 3000. I will never by a Kia or a Hyundai again and would recommend that no one else buy one either.

Nothing

The Quality of the materials used, and how it was put together