2004 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Meh...just a basic car
By shannonm1 on 06/05/12 06:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is very reliable, but no fun. The style is very bland inside and out, there is no power behind acceleration, the V6 guzzles gas like an SUV or truck would. I owned a little 4 cylinder Hyundai Elantra before this car, and I really miss it. I went from filling the gas tank every 2 weeks to filling it every week now. This car is like a tank, heavy, safe, reliable, I would take it anywhere, but have no fun getting there. I just don't like the way it handles. I got this car with 75,000 miles on it, so I'm probably stuck with it for awhile. It hasn't broken down on me yet.

My first car
By ameagle177 on 09/26/11 20:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car two years ago as my first car, i got it for 400 bucks all smashed up. i fixed it at 75k miles and ive had no problems at all except crank sensor and belt squeak. I drive it pretty rough, but i perform all needed routine maintenance. it now has 86k miles and has served me well.

Kia Magentis 2004 Model
By alfybio on 09/02/11 06:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have found this car great value for my almost meagre spend on it. The car starts effortlessly, almost before the ignition is turned, it's silent, and just purrs when running. In motion it is very stable, and appears to bounce when it hits a bump.

Bad Car to purchase
By fireman33 on 08/08/11 01:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have read alot of reviews on this car and some are good and some are bad. The ones that are good i hope it keeps going good for you. Well i have an 04 kia optima and I thought it was going to be a good car. I thought wrong , I have had nothing but problems with it since i got it. I have had it for a year and a half and bought it with 78k on it and now it has 99k on it. I have had the timing belt replaced along with the crank sensor, the cluthch has been replaced in it , 4 new tires put on it and thats because the control are was bent and it had to be replaced, it had had the fuel pump replace twice and the fuel pump assembly replace twice and its in the shop right now getting that done.

Kia Girl
By Angel Kia on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ok so this is my second kia and my second car my first one was 1998 Kia sportage. This was a huge upgrade for me. I haven't experienced any problems just yet other than car kinda sound like its having trouble starting, but once it does it runs beautiful. I love my car its so nice and shiny!

Overall Good Car
By Anthony J. on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car in 2005 when we had addition to our family. Looked at Altima, Malibu, Impala & Accord but they were more than we were willing to pay. Some how ended up on Kia lot and that's where the story begins. Took car for test drive:nice interior, sunroof, good power, auto-stick. I was really surprised. I haven't had a single problem with it since I've owned the car besides getting a new battery and routine maintanence. The paint job, however, isn't to good. Car doesn't hold its value.

3 years with this car
By illnino on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When i first got it, i wasn't sure at first on getting a KIA, it wasn't my dream car. I had it for 3 years now and ive seen some of the reviews. It CAN be true when it comes to breaking down..but the fact is, its only for some people that could just get to point A to Point B. I only had trouble TWICE within 3 years of having it. I'm very patient when it comes to driving, slowing down, and i always do my oil/transmission/ and tune ups on time. I recommend ONLY for slow patient drivers, its a long lasting vehicle

Great car for the price
By a good one on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new six years ago. The only thing I've had to replace are the tires and the battery. I think this car is an excellent value. Just had the 60,000 mile service. It's running great and I plan to keep it until the warranty expires in 37,000 miles.

My best decision
By Suhail Sood on 08/25/10 21:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used with 67,948 miles on it. Replaced transmission fluid and stock Infinity stereo with pioneer DEH- 2200UB and boom it sounds great with stock speakers and tweeters. Engine goes silent after 5 minutes of drive. I get about 23-27 mpg on regular commute. My Optima has California state emissions and don't have to worry about timing belt change until 105,000 miles Last time it averaged 30 mpg on my way to philadelphia from pittsburgh, 356 miles on a v6 and 30 mpg, what more do you want?

Oops, I lost in the used car game
By nbafreak2007 on 06/24/10 02:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in the summer of 09 with 63k miles. I had i checked out and all was well. That was the only thing that has gone right with the car. It is a money pit, I have had to replace the Clutch, flywheel, pressure plate etc along with the timing belt and water pump, and now the driver's side door will not unlock itself. This may be the worst car I have ever purchased I have invested more than 2500 in a car worth only 3000. I will never by a Kia or a Hyundai again and would recommend that no one else buy one either.