Used 2004 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Meh...just a basic car
By shannonm1

2004 Kia Optima EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is very reliable, but no fun. The style is very bland inside and out, there is no power behind acceleration, the V6 guzzles gas like an SUV or truck would. I owned a little 4 cylinder Hyundai Elantra before this car, and I really miss it. I went from filling the gas tank every 2 weeks to filling it every week now. This car is like a tank, heavy, safe, reliable, I would take it anywhere, but have no fun getting there. I just don't like the way it handles. I got this car with 75,000 miles on it, so I'm probably stuck with it for awhile. It hasn't broken down on me yet.

Favorite Features

Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better mpg for sure, more storage space in front and back.

My first car
By ameagle177

2004 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car two years ago as my first car, i got it for 400 bucks all smashed up. i fixed it at 75k miles and ive had no problems at all except crank sensor and belt squeak. I drive it pretty rough, but i perform all needed routine maintenance. it now has 86k miles and has served me well.

Favorite Features

its nice and simple to use and isnt very expensive to own, i put premium in it and i can get 400+ miles on a tank.

Suggested Improvements

engine bay upgrades, everything is shoved together. wasnt easy to rebuild.

Kia Magentis 2004 Model
By alfybio

2004 Kia Optima LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have found this car great value for my almost meagre spend on it. The car starts effortlessly, almost before the ignition is turned, it's silent, and just purrs when running. In motion it is very stable, and appears to bounce when it hits a bump.

Favorite Features

The stereo system is fabulous as the rich sound distributes evenly around the car's comfortable interior. I sometimes just sit in and play my favourite cds. I also love the smooth dashboard and the exciting lighting at night.

Suggested Improvements

None really that is clear. Maybe increase the tyre size to give it greater balance and spread. It appears too low for the terrain that I currently drive it on in Africa.

Bad Car to purchase
By fireman33

2004 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have read alot of reviews on this car and some are good and some are bad. The ones that are good i hope it keeps going good for you. Well i have an 04 kia optima and I thought it was going to be a good car. I thought wrong , I have had nothing but problems with it since i got it. I have had it for a year and a half and bought it with 78k on it and now it has 99k on it. I have had the timing belt replaced along with the crank sensor, the cluthch has been replaced in it , 4 new tires put on it and thats because the control are was bent and it had to be replaced, it had had the fuel pump replace twice and the fuel pump assembly replace twice and its in the shop right now getting that done.

Favorite Features

You better keep a check on the oil cause it seems to be going somewhere after a while after it has been changed. clear coat is coming off of it . i dont recommend any one buying these cars . im still paying on it and im going to try to figure out how to get rid of it.

Kia Girl
By Angel Kia

2004 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ok so this is my second kia and my second car my first one was 1998 Kia sportage. This was a huge upgrade for me. I haven't experienced any problems just yet other than car kinda sound like its having trouble starting, but once it does it runs beautiful. I love my car its so nice and shiny!

Favorite Features

I love the sound system and the total look of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to do something bout the little starting problem.