Kia CAN be reliable
By Iowa on
2001 Kia Optima SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I love my 2001 Optima. I've had it for only a month, and it has 95,000 miles on it. It drives like a Buick, though, and is as reliable as a Toyota, Honda, and Hyundai. I had to have a new timing belt put in it ($500), but that was just a maintenance thing since it looks as though the previous owner had never done it. It's so much fun to drive, though, and all of my neighbors, friends, and family salivate over it saying it looks brand new. I couldn't find a better deal for $5,000 with all the options!
Favorite Features
Power leather seats, 4-wheel ABS, metallic paint, acceleration, sound system, FOG LAMPS, cup holders built into car (instead of the cheap, crappy ones on American cars), wood paneling, heated mirrors. Just about everything but the lighting situation!
Suggested Improvements
I will agree with everyone else... who thought of putting the dome light in the front of the car? Even though there's a sunroof, they could have put several lights above each window on the sides. And, there is no trunk light. Instead, they like to put excess lights on the exterior of the vehicle.