Used 2001 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Kia is a deathtrap.
By Rebecca McCoy

2001 Kia Optima SE V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my optima for 1 1/2 years and ultimately hate it. I am trying to get kia to take it back as a lemon, but of course they don't want to. there have been 5 recalls to date on this model, and one of those recalls almost caused the loss of life to myself and my 5 year old son on the freeway, as the vehicle failed to operated(ie:the crankshaft positioning sensor recall). i am currently experiencing the second failure of this particular recall. I would have been better off to spend the extra money to buy a honda or toyota. Even though this car has the warrenty, you will use it often. If you love your family, buy a different car.

Take it off the market.

2001 kia optima
By sjmalone

2001 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love the fuel economy, looks sporty, sorta mix between the Toyota Camry and Nissan Altima, I feel the engine is plenty peppy enough for the city.

Never been happier!
By Meshoo96

2001 Kia Optima LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia Optima in 2001. It had 14 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. To date, it has 81,150 miles on it! Other than routine service and recently the alternator letting go, I have no complaints. It handles well, has ABS brakes, and gets excellent gas mileage. I'd have to I drive about 150 miles round trip to work every day.

Headlights shut off when I shut the car off and open the drivers side door. Also I like the sportmatic transmission.

Have an option of routine service avaiable and when the car is in the dealership for service, loaner cars should be made available.

Never Ever again
By Upsidedown

2001 Kia Optima SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car is roomy, great gas mileage with the five speed, and the base 4 cyl is not bad at all. However I have had nothing but problems with this car. Everything from the center console falling apart to the infamous power window problems. Premature clutch failure, electrical dash problems, engine problems and on and on. Yes there is a bumper to bumper warranty, but it does not pay for car rental if you have to leave the vehicle in the shop (which you certainly will). When you factor in the horrendous resale and/or trade-in value I would say that this is one of the worst automobile purchases you could ever make

Roomy, great gas milage (5-speed)

Quality, Quality, Quality

Excellent
By PDBurns

2001 Kia Optima SE V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car is great to drive, very resoponsive gets up to Hwy speed very quickly. Very little problems and what there was was taken care of right away. I would recomend this car to anyone.

Yhe only thing I did not like was the lack of an interor light in the rear seat area