2001 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Great car for the money
By sal on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Optima SE V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had this car a short time, but I am very happy with it. I trade my Audi in on the Optima, and have been surprised by how nice the Kia handles. The Optima has a nice ride, and good design.

Great car for the money
By Sal on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excellent Service department
By Redman on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Optima SE V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Yes it has thin paint, but all of the car makers have thin paint these days. It had air leaks at the windows and the engine light came on because of the gas cap not being tight, but the Kia service department fix them and even gave me a loaner car when I needed one. If you want to stay between the Beamers and the MB's going from Las Vagas to LA this is the car for you.

Awesome Car
By New Yorker on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Optima LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just had my first child and needed a reliable car that was inexpensive but still looked flashy. (I wasnt ready for the mini van) The Kia Optima is it! The V-6 is a blast to drive especially with the porsche designed tiptronic transmission. When I sit in traffic its on automatic, but when i want to feel the road and the engine, I flip over to manual mode. Tne interior is roomy. I am a 6'2'' and i am very comfortable in the ride. WE just drove to Disney from NY and it was a pleasure. When it comes to styling, people cannot take their eyes off of this car. My boss who owns multiple luxury cars belives it looks like a BMW.

Z's KIA
By zabas on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Optima SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have about 13000 miles on the car. had a slight shimmy at 65 mph, but the dealer had the wheels balanced and that solved the problem. Otherwise I haven't haad a problem. The wife loves to drive the car and is very happy with it.

Nice car for the Money
By markus on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Optima SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We were skeptical about buying a Korean made car, but we have been pleasantly surprised. The car seems well built and solid. It is very comfortable and fun to drive. It has all the features of the more expensive Toyotas and Hondas. You cant beat the warranty and the road side assistance. It takes the risk out of buying a Korean car. I think the Optimas are going to hold up very well and put KIA on the map. You know KIA has to build good cars if they are going to be competitive in the U.S. We are very happy with our Optima.

Great Car for the Money
By pizzu on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Optima LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased the Kia Optima (2001). Would have like a Honda Accord but saved myself about 6 grand by opting for the Kia. It's a lot of car for the money. Looks and feels like a luxury car. I feel I made a great choice. I would like to rate their Service Center as excellent. They took off some minor scratches, did oil change (minor things to get me and my 2001 on the road right away). All in all a very pleasant experience.

This is a Kia?
By Elk on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Optima SE V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

other than the usual Kia fuel guage failure several times, this is a great car

Former Kia Salesman gives rating
By Whatever on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Optima SE V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I happened to own one while selling them to make a living. Periodically the CD/Cassette player gives an error indicating unable to locate last track played on the CD. We are going to have paint problems. Have you noticed the trunk, door, hood, door handle wells need another coat of the same metalic exterior pant? I dislike the wasted jet beams that spike straight up at about a 75-degree angle from horizontal. Look up at tall evergreens after dark while driving some night especially in the fog! "NO REAR CABIN LIGHTES"? Why should I have to feeeellll my way around the rear seats and rear floors in a 21st century automobile? This is Un-American.

Great car - no resale value!
By admasters on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Optima SE V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Optima for nearly a year now and still really like this car.A couple of minor things have been corrected - front headlight bulb, fuel gauge, and fuel door opening mechanism. My wife really likes driving this car and I also like the sportmatic transmission. The car is roomy and gets decent gas mileage. However, the re-sale value sucks!! That is probably why I will not by another Kia.