2015 Kia K900 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Kia K900 Sedan

View reviews for a specific K900 model:

8 months of owning it
By Nik

2015 Kia K900 Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Here is the best way to put it: It is a lot of car for under $500/mo. It has great value when comparing to A8, S550, or BMW 7 series. I would say K900 is behind germans brands by about 30-35% in most categories. But it leaves Germans in the dust when it comes to value. When compared to above mentioned german brands where my payment would be 1k or more per month--I am paying $465/mo on a lease for luxury package
This is my first Kia and I am impressed.

Not worth the money
By Retta

2015 Kia K900 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Had fuel injection replaced within a month of buying the car. Gas mileage is horrible. No good pick up being a V8. Please do not buy. Worst nightmare.

I'll never own another Kia
By Jeff

2015 Kia K900 Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I've had nothing but problems from day one with the Kia K900. Shortly sfter driving the car off the lot, I felt a vibration coming from the front of the car, immediately brought it back to Kia... They claimed that the tires were "out of round" because the car sat on the lot for so long. So they balanced the tires and told me to put miles on the tires and it would go away. I brought it back again... They replaced the tires, it still didn't fix the vibration. They replaced the wheels, then told me that the car was fine... I took it off the lot, and to my dismay, the fix didn't work... Then hey replaced the drive shaft... It still didn't work, the vibration was still there. Kia corporate got involved... They sent out a specialist, with a newly designed drive shaft.. Promised me that installing this newly designed drive shaft would work because they have had numerous customers that have had the same problem with their K900 models, and it fixed the problem 80% of the time....
I had to wait for over 25 days for the drive shaft to be installed.... And it still vibrated... The magical drive shaft still didn't work.
Kia finally admitted that this was a problem inherent to the car's design and engineering and that it will never cease to vibrate as it does. Furthermore, they informed me that The vibration is within the normal operating specs of the vehicle, and there was nothing more they could do to address it.
All of the above transpired within two months of driving it off the lot. I just want to give them their car back, get my money back, so I can move on from this nightmare...they've refused to take it back. They've refused to give me my money back. It's been two months since they acknowledged that they can't fix the vibration... I now have to sue Kia to get them to take their defective designed car back and return my money.

Don't waste your money or your time like I did. There's a reason why they're leasing a 60+k luxury car for 399/month..... Seems like a great bargain...right?

Don't buy a Kia. I did, and never will again.

Um I don't understand all the critic hate
By Big Daddy G

2015 Kia K900 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

So I keep reading these reviews that say that the K900 feels cheaper than and has an 'Interior quality and driving experience don't equal those of more elite luxury sedans".... You know why? Because its almost half the price... For the price of 1 S550 I can buy two of these so I will live with a button or two that are not up to par with MB.... Speaking of MB, if I compared the K900 to what it really should be weighed against because of price I would be comparing it to the E350. So for 60k in an E350 I would have heated vinyl seats and nav and thats about it... You know what else I love? its the first new car ever that has had ZERO issues... no "reprogramming issues" (BMW) or "our techs know about it and are working on a fix (MB). Car has been problem free since day one and a joy to drive... I'm 6'2 and 250 and fit comfortably and the kids feel like they are being chauffeured around in the back seat. Not all of us want to take corners at 70mph and I really enjoy the fact that there aren't allot of these on the road. I get thumbs up all the time and get questioned about the car every time I am getting gas (which is allot!) Lease rates through Kia are amazing, about $500 a month. My complaints about the car? Gas mileage... but its a heavy V8 so I get it. I wish the rear side sunscreens were power. Only other issue I have is Kia dealers need to step up their service departments for a better experience. But for the $500 a month I'm saving I will deal with it!

Onboard Entertainment System is woefully poor
By John M

2015 Kia K900 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Let me start by saying I love the car. The ride and comfort are exquisite and the car has a rich look and feel. However, the entertainment system is a mess. Pandora only works with iPhone unless you use the blue tooth option which will play the music but you have to control the app from your Android phone. I thought using the Uvo App would fix the problem but the app does not download to my phone. Very frustrating. The system is complicated and not very intuitive.