2015 Kia K900 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific K900 model:

smooth comfortable quiet ride
By carbuyer

2015 Kia K900 Luxury 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I chose this over the Lexus LS. The cars are similar in size, comfort, driving dynamics and cabin noise. The difference is that the K900 is half the price. This car is a pleasure to drive and ride in. Acceleration and shifting are smooth and effortless. Gas mileage is poor in city. Navigation interface is poor, like Mercedes. Parking cameras, LED headlights, heated/cooled seats, and sound system are all excellent. Have had the car for over a year. I would buy again.

Buyer Beware
By Jeff

2015 Kia K900 Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

If you are thinking about purchasing a K900, my advice is DON'T! I have had my K900 for less than 1 year (and less than 9,500 miles). During this time the vehicle has had to be towed TWICE back to the dealership because it either would not start or was unable to be driven. In addition the car is on it's 3rd battery. Lastly, when the car was less than two months old the Entertainment system had to be replaced. The most recent service took the dealership 5 days to fix (and a factory engineer had to be called in because the dealership could not identify the problem). I have had more service issues on this car in less than 12 months than all of the cars I have owned in my life combined (and I am 58 years old, so a lot of them). Fortunately because the car was under warranty I have no out of pocket expense, just a lot of frustration and inconvenience. The car looks great, is comfortable, a lot of leg and head room (important because I am 6'3"), great pick up / power but extremely poor in its reliability. One other thing to consider is if you are purchasing the vehicle from an out of town dealer because their pricing is better than a local dealer beware that not all Kia dealerships offer the K900 and only those that do can service it. Unfortunately the nearest Kia dealership to me that can service the vehicle provides TERRIBLE service (and I have purchased vehicles from a "sister dealership",same owner, different brand) and their service department was great. You have probably heard the saying that the two happiest days for a boat owner is the day he buys the boat and the day he sells it. I feel the same about my K900 and can't wait until I am not upside down and can get rid of this albatross.

8 months of owning it
By Nik

2015 Kia K900 Luxury 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Here is the best way to put it: It is a lot of car for under $500/mo. It has great value when comparing to A8, S550, or BMW 7 series. I would say K900 is behind germans brands by about 30-35% in most categories. But it leaves Germans in the dust when it comes to value. When compared to above mentioned german brands where my payment would be 1k or more per month--I am paying $465/mo on a lease for luxury package
This is my first Kia and I am impressed.

Not worth the money
By Retta

2015 Kia K900 Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Had fuel injection replaced within a month of buying the car. Gas mileage is horrible. No good pick up being a V8. Please do not buy. Worst nightmare.

I'll never own another Kia
By Jeff

2015 Kia K900 Luxury 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I've had nothing but problems from day one with the Kia K900. Shortly sfter driving the car off the lot, I felt a vibration coming from the front of the car, immediately brought it back to Kia... They claimed that the tires were "out of round" because the car sat on the lot for so long. So they balanced the tires and told me to put miles on the tires and it would go away. I brought it back again... They replaced the tires, it still didn't fix the vibration. They replaced the wheels, then told me that the car was fine... I took it off the lot, and to my dismay, the fix didn't work... Then hey replaced the drive shaft... It still didn't work, the vibration was still there. Kia corporate got involved... They sent out a specialist, with a newly designed drive shaft.. Promised me that installing this newly designed drive shaft would work because they have had numerous customers that have had the same problem with their K900 models, and it fixed the problem 80% of the time....
I had to wait for over 25 days for the drive shaft to be installed.... And it still vibrated... The magical drive shaft still didn't work.
Kia finally admitted that this was a problem inherent to the car's design and engineering and that it will never cease to vibrate as it does. Furthermore, they informed me that The vibration is within the normal operating specs of the vehicle, and there was nothing more they could do to address it.
All of the above transpired within two months of driving it off the lot. I just want to give them their car back, get my money back, so I can move on from this nightmare...they've refused to take it back. They've refused to give me my money back. It's been two months since they acknowledged that they can't fix the vibration... I now have to sue Kia to get them to take their defective designed car back and return my money.

Don't waste your money or your time like I did. There's a reason why they're leasing a 60+k luxury car for 399/month..... Seems like a great bargain...right?

Don't buy a Kia. I did, and never will again.