2015 Kia Forte Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Kia Forte Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Don't buy !
By Ralph

2015 Kia Forte Hatchback Forte5 SX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got this car 6 months ago . The motor blew and the dealer blamed me for an obvious issue with the car I told them of prior . Warranty didn't cover so car is now headed to the junk yard and I'm out 21,000 dollars . Stay away from this brand ! They get you to buy with false claims of backing your warranty !

Great cheaper alternative
By Forte5

2015 Kia Forte Hatchback Forte5 SX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a little unknown hot hatch. I didnt even know Kia made this car until some online new car browsing. Got a great deal and was actually pretty hard to find one which means you stand out since rare to see another. Turbo engine has great pick up at any speed or gear! 6 speed manual trans is alittle too geared towards city driving vs hwy. 5th and 6th just isnt a hwy gear it should be. I average 30mpg with high octane gas. Car hates cheap gas. Great build quality and warranty!! The zip and handing makes it fun. I even embarressed a GTI on hwy. This is a low car so getting out and in provides some hand support from the seat. Options galore on the SX model like heated and cooled seats in front and heated in back which is rare for this class of car. Heated steering wheel . Mine didnt come with the Nav and Hid headlights but not spending the extra $$$ on a in dash Nav with phones these days. Only two main gripes with this car is radio just sucks for sound and loudness and steering is electric with is very touchy with any input makes you wander. Also it seems to have a "sticky" feeling when driving straight . Its brief but alarms you when u go to turn . Otherwise been a great,reliable fun car!

I Love My KIA Forte 5 Door EX Hatchback
By Robert Tishkevich

2015 Kia Forte Hatchback Forte5 EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying I LOVE my 2015 Forte Hatchback. It's probably the best car I ever owned. Are there things about it I don't like? Yes, that's why I only gave it 4 stars (didn't know how to give it 4 1/2 stars). Having said that, I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

PROS

1. This is the 2nd KIA I've owned and both of them have been perfect mechanically. I haven't had one mechanical issue. It just cannot get any better than that. I also know two other people who had KIAs for at least 3 years and neither one of them had a single mechanical problem.
2. The car is sleek and people constantly tell me how cool it looks. I love looking at it every time I approach my car.
3. It's extremely comfortable and I thoroughly enjoy driving it. Is it fun to drive? I think so.
4. The A/C system works great in a very hot, southern climate. It even came with front seats which can be heated (I don't need that where I live) and/or cooled.
5. The UVO system is terrific and very easy to use.
6. The instrument panel is clear, easy to read, and very informative. I could do almost everything I wanted without ever looking at the manual.
7. I love my Sirius XM Satellite Radio.
8. Lots of storage space with 5 door Hatchback plus the special storage container under the normal floor in the rear is very handy.
9. My KIA dealer treats the customers like gold.
10. Very affordable but it has the quality of a more expensive car.
11. Very good highway mileage
12. Nobody beats the KIA warranty. I feel great because I had no problems, but if I did, it's always covered under the warranty.

CONS
1. Wind noise, especially on the highway (seems to be a problem with KIAs)
2. Poor city stop and go mileage. Maybe it's because I'm always taking very short trips with lots of traffic lights where I accelerate briskly? It's hard to tell if it's my driving style or the vehicle. I think it's a combination of both.
3. The standard tires are just OK but very noisy. I'm used to riding on Michelins which are far superior.
4. The instrument panel is very cool but one gauge says MPH instead of MPG for the average miles per gallon
5. With one exception the navigation system works great, plus it has a large, easy to read screen. That one exception,unless I have a specific address to punch in, is it's often difficult to find what I'm looking for . For some unknown reason it's hard to find venues. In other words, it isn't user friendly.

Great Car in an Excellent Package
By Gary Balionis

2015 Kia Forte Hatchback Forte5 SX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We shopped for a replacement car when the previous vehicle was declared a total loss. Couldn't beat the financial incentives at Kia, and this car is an extremely attractive package for the money. Fit and finish is fantastic, base equipment exceeded our expectations. Was a bit concerned about the smaller engine/turbo combination, but it has proved to be a perfect powerplant for this car: keeps it light and more than adequate acceleration. Ride quality, even with the low profile tires fitted, is several levels above the car we replaced, a 2010 Kia Forte Koup. At this point, admittedly early on, we are completely satisfied with this vehicle, and love the practicality of the 4 door hatchback design.

Almost a GTI for a fraction of the price
By rlt_78@yahoo.com

2015 Kia Forte Hatchback Forte5 SX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've always had a soft spot for hot hatches. One of my favorite cars was a prior GTI even though it was also the least reliable car I've owned. I never thought I'd see myself in a KIA but they have really stepped up in recent years. Their designs and reliability are some of the best in the business now.
The Forte5 SX with the 6 speed manual is a blast to drive. The power is readily available at low RPMs. The interior is spacious and fits my 6'7 frame well with plenty of room to spare. I don't even need to have the seat all the way back which is exceptionally rare. The ride is quite comfortable. I'm averaging 31mpg(hand calculated, computer says 32-33) in mixed driving. The power folding mirrors may seem a bit gimmicky at first, but they sure are nice to have in a narrow 2 car garage. It's not quite as quick as a GTI nor does it handle quite as well, however you can buy one of these in SX trim for under $18k with a long warranty to boot. Put a little of that savings into some suspension and power upgrades and you're on par.
If you're looking for a fun hatchback definitely give one of these a test drive.