Upgraded my 2011 Hatch to the 2014 Forte5
By rabear on
2014 Kia Forte Forte5 EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
Recently I decided to trade in my 2011 Forte EX hatchback on a 2014 Forte5. I got every conceivable option one can get. Wow, is all I can say. I loved our 2011 but this 2014 blows it away. Aside from having a lot more bells and whistles it is quieter, rides better and most significantly gets better gas mileage with same 2.0 engine. I am not talking about a modest increase but a big increase. I have run 7 tankfuls through it and my low was 30.1 and the high was 44.7 which was measured the old fashioned way, not by the computer.
Favorite Features
1. Great ride 2. Quiet 3. HID headlights 4. Fuel Economy 5. UVO 6. Comfortable seats 7. Overall great quality I also have a 2014 Hyundai Genesis with Tech Package and my Kia feels it is right up there with it.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I would suggest is for Kia to go back to something the 2011 did better. That is, the audio response of the radio was better in my 2011 vs my 2014. It is a very minor nit but is the only thing I could come up with.
By redgeminipa
on 07/23/14 07:59 AM (PDT)

The 2.0 for 2014 is NOT the same engine you had in the 2011. The power difference should tell you that. :)