2014 Kia Forte Nails It
By lazyike on
2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I've had this new 2014 Kia Forte for a month now, and so far it has exceeded all of my expectations. I was looking for a commuter car that got at least 30+ mpg, and at 6'8" and 260 lbs, I needed to be able to fit comfortably. I checked out the other brands in the segment (Carolla's, Cruze's, Civic's, Elantra's, and Focus) but in the end I felt like I got more bang for the buck out of the new Forte. I was actually leaning toward the Elantra until the newly redesigned Forte came out. Once I saw how spacious the cabin was, along with how loaded the EX model is, I was pretty much sold. The fact that I had so much room to be comfortable while sitting in it sealed the deal.
Favorite Features
This car is loaded with so many standard creature comforts and high tech features, I still haven't figured everything out yet. You just don't expect all of this from a compact car that costs 20K. I traverse a lot of hills and valleys in my daily commute. The 2.0 GDI engine with 173hp purrs like a kitten. It has plenty of zip for passing on the interstate and plenty of power for climbing steep grades. Even with the terrain, I'm still averaging 33 mpg which from my standpoint with the bigger engine is pretty fantastic! The ride is smooth while engine, road, and wind noise is at a bare minimum. The car is unbelievably quiet.
Suggested Improvements
Right now, I really don't have much to complain about. The only thing it doesn't have that I wished and expected it would have is a spare tire. This is an excellent car. More than I ever could have hoped for considering the price. I researched and read all of the available reviews from Edmunds and other sites, and I have to agree that the overall consensus is that Kia nailed it with the 2014 Forte!