2014 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Forte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

This car is a lot of fun!
By Jorge Munoz

2014 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've always owned Kia's and Hyundai's and have never had an issue and this car is no exception. our car is loaded with Bluetooth, satellite radio, rear back up camera and stereo controls on the steering wheel, making this car a fun and comfortable ride on roadtrips! we purchased this car for my wife in July of 2014 and now has 15k in it and have had NO PROBLEMS! i absolutely love it. Now i am in the market myself for a new car and after reading the reviews on the 2014 corolla, 2014 sentra SR, two of the cars i was considering buying, i realized the serious problems these two cars have with their trannys and or other critical components. So at this point i am happily going to stick to kia or hyundai. The only 2 issues i've had with my car so far are just minor interior issues. The car door seal seems like it shrunk with the heat (we live in arizona) and its coming out of place. the other problem is the passanger electric windows switch broke off... both of these issues are nothing compared to problems with the engine!

Try it, You will buy it!
By getreal66

2014 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I own a 2014 Kia Forte LX with the upgraded package. I have owned a lot of 4 cylinder engines in my time but I am blown away by how well the 1.8L engine in the car responds. I have no issues getting on the highway or passing because the car gets up and moves. I am averaging 39mpg but I drive mostly highways. The 6 speed transmission shifts smooth, unlike some of the competitors! The handling is good but not awesome. I have owned 3 other Kia’s (Sedona, Rio & Spectra) and never had any issues with them. Kia had a rough start but they have really turned the quality & reliability around. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Bluetooth is flawless. Controls are simple & very functional.

Make the handling better.

great gas milage and reliable
By dsyharry

2014 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

ive had my 2014 forte since july of 2013 gas mileage and reliability have been great so far and I have 20,600 miles clocked also the dealership has been great kia of Swansea mass.

Perfect car for commuting
By won_yoon

2014 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my a completely redesigned 2014 Forte in October 2013. Now with 24k miles with it, I have no complain what so ever. It has an adequate power and great gas mileage. I get constantly 35 miles combined city and highway. I cannot imagine any better car for what I paid. I graduated from Honda Civics (3 previous generations) and have no regret. Every time I park my car and I smile at the car to see how good it looks from front.

Gas mileage is better than I ever expected. With Honda Civic, even with a manual transmission, I only got about 29 mpg. I also own a Honda Fit with 5 speed manual transmission and I get about 35 mpg. Forte has a bigger engine and is a bigger car. Infotainment system is excellent.

Nothing.

Water leak in trunk compartment
By thatguy47

2014 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I am having the same issue as seen in this thread: http://www.forteforums.com/forums/noobie-questions-forum/39418-water-leak-trunk-compartment.html#post682049 The dealership couldn't figure out where the water was coming from and just dried out/cleaned my car without fixing anything. It appears to be coming from under the trunk liner and it is already starting to get more moisture/water just a few days after it was cleaned (only drove 10-15 miles since then). Brand new car bought in May 2013 that smells terrible even after the dealer removed the water and cleaned out the car. Hope this gets fixed the next time I bring it in...

Fix water leakage problem....