2014 Kia Forte EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

great gas milage and reliable
By dsyharry

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

ive had my 2014 forte since july of 2013 gas mileage and reliability have been great so far and I have 20,600 miles clocked also the dealership has been great kia of Swansea mass.

LOVE the 2014 Forte!
By mrsbaker

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a Crimson Red 2014 Kia Forte with black interior and UVO eServices features in March 2014. I absolutely love this car (I'm getting the Super Polysteel coating added this week). It rides smooth and is very quiet. Myself, my husband and our two children fit in the vehicle comfortable (one infant carseat in back) and the trunk is very spacious. It has a lot of "get up and go" as my Mom would say. A compact, powerful, and stylish car for your money. I have fun driving it I know i'll love it for years to come.

Favorite Features

Aside from the rear back-up camera, which i love, my favorite feature is just the general look and feal of the interior and exterior of the car. I feel amazing driving it and everyone I know is very impressed with it.

Suggested Improvements

My only improvement would be that Kia updates their UVO eServices iPhone App and in-car system to work better together. Mine has NEVER worked! The App constantly says "Cannot connect to eServices at this time, please try again later" every single time you open it which has essentially made that vital feature of my car useless. :(

Little things mean a lot
By minaramsey

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the Forte EX w/Premium package since April 2013, and like it well enough. It will never be a car I love, and Kia has not won my brand loyalty with this model.

Favorite Features

The interior at this price point is unmatched as far as quality and thoughtfulness of layout. Controls are not quite intuitive on some things and so are not as easy to use as I expected, which takes away from the voice and touch-screen functionality. Keyless entry is also a nice feature, but the car is frequently confused when my spouse and I are both carrying our keys. We cannot, for example, intentionally lock a key in the trunk (if it is say, inside my luggage on the way to the airport.)

Suggested Improvements

My biggest annoyance with this car is the heating system. I cannot drive in Seattle's weather (around 40F in the winter) without having to keep the defrost on constantly so that the windshield doesn't fog over - regardless of how long the car has had to warm up or how long I've been driving. This means I'm nearly always cold in the car. Kia has acknowledged this is a "known issue" but stated that they do not have a fix for it. A small thing, but a daily reminder that my brand new car isn't working the way it should. It would also be nice if the odometer display would default to showing MPG rather than average speed driven. Of course, I am using more fuel than I did in my Jetta...

Love at First Ride
By love4cars73

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for something with a great warranty AND something that had a classier look, I found both in the Forte. I got the EX model because I wanted something with a bit more kick. Its a smooth drive and its nimble I am able to weave in and out of traffic with a breeze. Overall I am COMPLETELY satisfied with my purchase.

Favorite Features

EVO Folding side mirrors Headlights

2014 Kia Forte EX is a winner!
By fedora1953

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The new 2014 Kia Forte EX is leaps and bounds ahead of the previous models. Although it has the same 2.0L engine as the previous year, they switched to a GDI injection system which is gives better efficiency, upping it from 156 HP to 173 HP, yet manages the same MPG. If you leave it on the default ECO setting, it feels sluggish if you try to push it some. It's trying to save you gas. But if you turn ECO off, the sluggishness goes away, but so will your better mileage. The new Forte EX is quieter. It rides better. The new Forte has the Elantra chassis with the same wheelbase, and curb to curb radius. It has the same 6 speed transmission, but a more powerful engine.

Favorite Features

The rear view camera, in conjunction with the side view mirrors, makes backing into a parking space a lot easier. The new interior doesn't look cheap. The steering wheel, shifter and armrests are all leather covered. The upholstery is more attractive. I think it looks classy. I haven't found a discernible blind spot in the car. The projection headlights are a real improvement that I didn't know I wanted or even needed. The styling is absolutely outstanding. My car is Steel Blue. I love the color.

Suggested Improvements

The one gripe I have, is the lack of a spare tire. The Forte doesn't come with a donut. It has a flat tire kit. Most cars come with a donut spare. They are worthless, and most often misused. I'd really like to see the return of actual spare tires in new cars. When I get the extra cash, I will find a rim for it and mount a new tire on it, so I'll have a great spare. I did that for the last two cars I owned.