Used 2014 Kia Forte EX Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

2014 Kia Forte

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Starts off great but major water issues!
By shanell

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car for over 2 years now and the issue of water somehow leaking into the car from the trunk/back lights has become a major problem. Anytime it rains or you get the car washed you have to hope that the car and anything in your trunk isn't soaked inside. I have gone out to find puddles of water, wet back seats and trunk, and in the cold months frozen windows (from the inside). The back windows stopped working which I am sure is due to the water damage and I have seen condensation inside the dash board where the speedometer is as well as freezing in the ceiling lights.

Heads up, the problem begins with windows that constantly fog and you'll probably dismiss it with bad defrosting but DO NOT be fooled!

The gas mileage is great but the issues that come with this car are not worth it.

Frustrated Kia owner!!!
By Pennie

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car starts out cute, had it 2 yrs. now. Just found that there has been water running into the vehicle by way of trunk or back windshield. It's rains for a day and a half. I put something in my trunk and spotted a soaked trunk. I thought well I'll put in in the back seat , opened the door and put my bag on the back seat only to find that the back seat and floor were completed enfolded in water.
Took the car to the dealer, there response was, well your warranty is out. The car is having electrical problems back windows won't open , apparently the water ruined them. The car has mold. They say , oh yes we are fixing there manufactures defect, not mine because it's out of warranty. WTF, this should be a recall due to defect! Won't stop this fight!!! This could cost more for repairs than the car is worth. Looking for help!!! Frustrated in North Carolina

This car is a lot of fun!
By Jorge Munoz

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've always owned Kia's and Hyundai's and have never had an issue and this car is no exception. our car is loaded with Bluetooth, satellite radio, rear back up camera and stereo controls on the steering wheel, making this car a fun and comfortable ride on roadtrips! we purchased this car for my wife in July of 2014 and now has 15k in it and have had NO PROBLEMS! i absolutely love it. Now i am in the market myself for a new car and after reading the reviews on the 2014 corolla, 2014 sentra SR, two of the cars i was considering buying, i realized the serious problems these two cars have with their trannys and or other critical components. So at this point i am happily going to stick to kia or hyundai. The only 2 issues i've had with my car so far are just minor interior issues. The car door seal seems like it shrunk with the heat (we live in arizona) and its coming out of place. the other problem is the passanger electric windows switch broke off... both of these issues are nothing compared to problems with the engine!

great gas milage and reliable
By dsyharry

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

ive had my 2014 forte since july of 2013 gas mileage and reliability have been great so far and I have 20,600 miles clocked also the dealership has been great kia of Swansea mass.

LOVE the 2014 Forte!
By mrsbaker

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a Crimson Red 2014 Kia Forte with black interior and UVO eServices features in March 2014. I absolutely love this car (I'm getting the Super Polysteel coating added this week).

It rides smooth and is very quiet. Myself, my husband and our two children fit in the vehicle comfortable (one infant carseat in back) and the trunk is very spacious. It has a lot of "get up and go" as my Mom would say. A compact, powerful, and stylish car for your money. I have fun driving it I know i'll love it for years to come.

Aside from the rear back-up camera, which i love, my favorite feature is just the general look and feal of the interior and exterior of the car. I feel amazing driving it and everyone I know is very impressed with it.

My only improvement would be that Kia updates their UVO eServices iPhone App and in-car system to work better together. Mine has NEVER worked! The App constantly says "Cannot connect to eServices at this time, please try again later" every single time you open it which has essentially made that vital feature of my car useless. :(