2014 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Base model LX good bang for buck
By leighto on 12/21/14 17:02 PM (PST)

2014 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

"Never thought I would buy a new Kia!. After driving a Toyota Echo for the last 5 years I decided I needed something bigger, newer and almost as good gas mileage. I have owned the 2015 Kia LX 1.8L for the last month and have been averaging a combined 36 miles per gallon which is better than EPA rates. Decided to go for the base model as it was on cash special for $12,500(could not refuse). Decent features for base model, with power groups and satellite radio and blue tooth. Huge upgrade from roll up windows Echo. The ride is comfortable with good seats and driving feel. Ride noise is a little loud, but what can you expect for $12,500. Blue tooth and voice commands work very well.

great gas milage and reliable
By dsyharry on 12/17/14 07:02 AM (PST)

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

ive had my 2014 forte since july of 2013 gas mileage and reliability have been great so far and I have 20,600 miles clocked also the dealership has been great kia of Swansea mass.

Perfect car for commuting
By won_yoon on 07/11/14 08:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my a completely redesigned 2014 Forte in October 2013. Now with 24k miles with it, I have no complain what so ever. It has an adequate power and great gas mileage. I get constantly 35 miles combined city and highway. I cannot imagine any better car for what I paid. I graduated from Honda Civics (3 previous generations) and have no regret. Every time I park my car and I smile at the car to see how good it looks from front.

Upgraded my 2011 Hatch to the 2014 Forte5
By rabear on 04/25/14 10:37 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Forte Forte5 EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Recently I decided to trade in my 2011 Forte EX hatchback on a 2014 Forte5. I got every conceivable option one can get. Wow, is all I can say. I loved our 2011 but this 2014 blows it away. Aside from having a lot more bells and whistles it is quieter, rides better and most significantly gets better gas mileage with same 2.0 engine. I am not talking about a modest increase but a big increase. I have run 7 tankfuls through it and my low was 30.1 and the high was 44.7 which was measured the old fashioned way, not by the computer.

Water leak in trunk compartment
By thatguy47 on 04/20/14 21:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I am having the same issue as seen in this thread: http://www.forteforums.com/forums/noobie-questions-forum/39418-water-leak-trunk-compartment.html#post682049 The dealership couldn't figure out where the water was coming from and just dried out/cleaned my car without fixing anything. It appears to be coming from under the trunk liner and it is already starting to get more moisture/water just a few days after it was cleaned (only drove 10-15 miles since then). Brand new car bought in May 2013 that smells terrible even after the dealer removed the water and cleaned out the car. Hope this gets fixed the next time I bring it in...

LOVE the 2014 Forte!
By mrsbaker on 04/01/14 06:23 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a Crimson Red 2014 Kia Forte with black interior and UVO eServices features in March 2014. I absolutely love this car (I'm getting the Super Polysteel coating added this week). It rides smooth and is very quiet. Myself, my husband and our two children fit in the vehicle comfortable (one infant carseat in back) and the trunk is very spacious. It has a lot of "get up and go" as my Mom would say. A compact, powerful, and stylish car for your money. I have fun driving it I know i'll love it for years to come.

Little things mean a lot
By minaramsey on 02/17/14 13:09 PM (PST)

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the Forte EX w/Premium package since April 2013, and like it well enough. It will never be a car I love, and Kia has not won my brand loyalty with this model.

I Love my 2014 Forte Hatchback!!!
By shandice on 01/17/14 13:12 PM (PST)

2014 Kia Forte Forte5 EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had a Spectra 5 door and never thought I would enjoy another car as much as I did that one, but I was wrong. This car is awesome, lots of room for the family and lots of room in the back for shopping sprees. It is a quiet, smooth ride. Great radio and the heater warms up fast. Cant imagine ever driving anything but a Kia. You can' t beat the warranty either. I've gotten both of my Kia's from Moritz Kia in Ft Worth, they have treated me so well I will always buy from them. They go above and beyond to please the customer. I wanted to test drive one of their cars but had no ride to get to them, they brought the car to me and I was an hour away.

Love at First Ride
By love4cars73 on 09/10/13 11:29 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for something with a great warranty AND something that had a classier look, I found both in the Forte. I got the EX model because I wanted something with a bit more kick. Its a smooth drive and its nimble I am able to weave in and out of traffic with a breeze. Overall I am COMPLETELY satisfied with my purchase.

2014 Kia Forte EX is a winner!
By fedora1953 on 07/22/13 23:57 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The new 2014 Kia Forte EX is leaps and bounds ahead of the previous models. Although it has the same 2.0L engine as the previous year, they switched to a GDI injection system which is gives better efficiency, upping it from 156 HP to 173 HP, yet manages the same MPG. If you leave it on the default ECO setting, it feels sluggish if you try to push it some. It's trying to save you gas. But if you turn ECO off, the sluggishness goes away, but so will your better mileage. The new Forte EX is quieter. It rides better. The new Forte has the Elantra chassis with the same wheelbase, and curb to curb radius. It has the same 6 speed transmission, but a more powerful engine.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Kia Forte in VA is:

$184 per month*