Love, love, love my Kia Forte!
By doitalone on
2012 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
It's a fun car to drive. Even with being one of the bigger hatchbacks on the market, (I call it a mini-SUV) it's got great handling and fun engine. My previous car was a suped up Ford Focus, and I actually like driving this Kia more. The back seat provides a ton of room for passengers. Seats are comfortable to sit in, and I drive 40 minutes to and from work most mornings and never have problems with my knees or back - which was a problem with my focus and sometimes my boyfriends civic. The price is a little high for the SX version - but see if you can find rebate deals. I got mine on a lease fully loaded for $250 a month. If I choose to buy it out I'll only pay $20,000 total.
Favorite Features
I love the compartments in this Kia. Under the back in the hatch there's an option for a tray which doubles as a cooler. The second weekend I had it I went to Costco and got all kinds of meat in 100 degree heat and was able to leave it in the cooler and go into Target and shop with no problems. The technology in the car is so easy to use - even my mom can use. In fact - she loved my car and the technology so much that she went out and bought a Soul a month later because of how Kia does things. (Bluetooth, XM, etc.) I also have a 7 speaker sound system that PUMPS. It's the best sound system I've ever had stock. I'm not making any changes to it.
Suggested Improvements
I honestly can't think of anything I would improve on this car. They pretty much knocked it out of the park with this Kia.