20k miles in... great car
By morningland on
2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I got this car because of the fold down seats and the great interest rate. I do a lot of camping and traveling so the fold down seats were critical since I sometimes car camp. I am able to comfortably lay down in the back area for a cat nap during a long trip or to get a good nights sleep. I am trading it in only because I want the four wheel drive but this car performed pretty decent on forest roads for what it is. It rides very nice too. I borrowed some chevy car of the same size for a week and when I got my Forte back, it felt like driving butter! It is reliable too. 20k miles and not a single engine problem at all!
Favorite Features
The build quality of the interior is pretty decent. Had it for a year of HARD use and it still looks very nice!
Suggested Improvements
The gas milage is not very good for a car of it's size. I do decent in the city at 28 but only get 33 on the highway... not impressive. However, you do get a nice back area when the seats fold back so I think it is a fair trade off. The stereo is also very poor. The volume is far too low and some music is not listenable when driving on the highway. Also, the display for the ipod is very annoying since there is no alphabetical so you literally have to turn the knob for 30 seconds to get to some artists. Other then those two small things, this car is great and I would recommend it to anyone. Forgot to mention Kia's amazing 60k warranty!
By papo5
on 03/11/13 09:18 AM (PDT)

Most forum customers for Kia's Forte 2012 are correct in one way or the other, that is of course base in what part of the country they live. I bought a Kia 2012 Automatic and as long as I Drive in Florida or anywere in the south off high hills or Mountains I will be ok. but all I have to do is DRIVE THRU Kentucky and West Virginia and walla: this car ziped the gas like a thirsty man in the desert, and all of the sudden now has some Knock,Knock sounds in the engine. so, a nice gentleman in virginia told me to stay away from the mountains,?..bad joke on his part, but I took him seriusly. ...