Used 2012 Kia Forte EX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

2012 Kia Forte Sedan

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Perfect little car!
By mai_sai

2012 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Don't let the price tag fool you, this car is well built. It doesn't give that cheap feel you'd expect from a lower budget vehicle. The interior is very comfortable for my petite frame, I don't have trouble seeing the road or maneuvering. My larger passengers seem quite comfortable as well. Has a peppy engine and tight suspension, shifts smoothly, very quiet, brakes effortlessly.. This car does well on winding roads. The feel of the car when driving it is very similar to the '11 Ford Focus. My Forte has high mileage (70,000 miles) & hasn't had a single problem, runs great, & is very dependable which is great since the Focus started having problems at 21,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, USB hookups, remote start, bright headlights, spacious trunk, quiet ride, steering wheel controls, great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

There is no temp gauge on dash..

new car
By crunchyed

2012 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback for the 2012 Kia Forte Ex. So far I love it. It had all the bells and whistles that I wanted without the extra cost. It's a lot more fun to drive than the versa.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth, interior style, the front seat set up

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change is if my radio told me the title or a song haha

Have had Forte Sedan EX for about one month.
By martin2013

2012 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've only had this car for about a month and have really liked it so far. The ease that the majority of functions in this car is nice compared to my previous car. Even though the majority of my driving has been shorter in-city distances, its gas milage has been pretty close to estimated mileage. I will soon see how well the gas mileage does with a long trip.

Great MPG ffrom automatic...
By waltchan

2012 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I rented one, and this Forte gets up to 50-55 MPG on highway if cruising only up to 50 mph speed (no higher) at the magic, low 1,500 RPM mark, A/C off, cruise control on, and windows closed. Accelerate this Forte very carefullly by not letting it run higher than 1,500 RPM for each and all transmission gears it shifts from stop to go in city driving, regardless if other drivers behind you find you too slow. Shift to neutral for all downhill driving as much as possible to receive up to 100 MPG. Shift back to drive if neutral driving reaches below 50 mph. Anyone can do it. Happy traveling...

Buy a coleman grill instead
By krkelsoe

2012 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Well, I bought mine brand new in December. Took her off the lot with 33 miles. I added a lowering kit, 20" wheels, and exhaust. I loved that car. It was fun to drive, but pretty slow. Still really caught a lot of looks though... But then I was driving home from buying bread last week and she went up in flames in mere minutes. Not sure what happened, and it's under investigation with Kia. It only had 8,900 miles on it. Just feel like people should know. If I had kids in the back or was disabled or slow-moving, there could have been serious injuries.

Favorite Features

Loved my dark interior, the simplicity of the buttons, but that it still looked like a higher-end vehicle. I had many people ask me what my car was. Looked a lot like my mom's IS350 when they were side by side.

Suggested Improvements

Better wiring and fuel lines, stonger motor.