2012 Kia Forte Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Amazing car for the price
By marco34 on 07/27/14 19:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the Kia Forte Hatchback (really a wagon) with 16,000 miles for $12,400. I drive short distances to work and weekly long highway trips to family. Recently got 43.7 mpg on a flat highway for a 100 mile drive. Normally average 25 mpg in the city. Easy to hit 36 mpg on the highway at 70-75 mph. Absolutely no problems at current miles of 27K miles on the odometer-only oil changes so far.

20k miles in... great car
By morningland on 02/24/13 20:15 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I got this car because of the fold down seats and the great interest rate. I do a lot of camping and traveling so the fold down seats were critical since I sometimes car camp. I am able to comfortably lay down in the back area for a cat nap during a long trip or to get a good nights sleep. I am trading it in only because I want the four wheel drive but this car performed pretty decent on forest roads for what it is. It rides very nice too. I borrowed some chevy car of the same size for a week and when I got my Forte back, it felt like driving butter! It is reliable too. 20k miles and not a single engine problem at all!

Work Commuter
By finzphan68 on 01/12/13 15:30 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Needed a new car for my daily commute, and have wanted a hatchback for a while too, so came across the Kia Forte, and found that while its not the top of the line model, it offers everything that I needed in a functional and stylish package.

Great value at a very good price!
By bd21 on 02/24/12 20:21 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The Kia Forte is a well engineered vehicle that I believe is best in class for the price. I paid $17,713.00 out the door for a EX 5-door in Titanium with stone interior. My car was equipped with auto-dimming mirror w/compass, wheel locks, rear bumper applique, cargo net, cargo tray, spashguards and an i-pod cable. I had no trade-in and the price included 6% sales tax and all dealer fees. I did get $2,000.00 in rebates. This car is fun to drive around town and on the interstate. I'm very impressed with the design, quality and functionality of this car. I don't think you will find a better car under $21K.

Really good, roomy and nice looking car and great value!
By mazda5forme on 09/17/11 18:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Everytime we buy a new car, we look at all the brands and compare. Mazda, Toyota's, Honda, Fords, etc. We currently have 2 Fords and we also have a Mazda5 that we bought new a few years ago, that my college age daughter is now using.We bought a brand new 2011 KIA Sorento SX suv in March. Very impressed with the quality and value, also the styling. Then we needed a car for my wife, and looked at everything in the way of small sedans. To make a long story short, we bought a 2012 KIA Forte 5 door EX.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Forte Hatchback in VA is:

$141 per month*