2012 Kia Forte Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Amazing car for the price
By marco34 on 07/27/14 19:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the Kia Forte Hatchback (really a wagon) with 16,000 miles for $12,400. I drive short distances to work and weekly long highway trips to family. Recently got 43.7 mpg on a flat highway for a 100 mile drive. Normally average 25 mpg in the city. Easy to hit 36 mpg on the highway at 70-75 mph. Absolutely no problems at current miles of 27K miles on the odometer-only oil changes so far.

20k miles in... great car
By morningland on 02/24/13 20:15 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I got this car because of the fold down seats and the great interest rate. I do a lot of camping and traveling so the fold down seats were critical since I sometimes car camp. I am able to comfortably lay down in the back area for a cat nap during a long trip or to get a good nights sleep. I am trading it in only because I want the four wheel drive but this car performed pretty decent on forest roads for what it is. It rides very nice too. I borrowed some chevy car of the same size for a week and when I got my Forte back, it felt like driving butter! It is reliable too. 20k miles and not a single engine problem at all!

Work Commuter
By finzphan68 on 01/12/13 15:30 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Needed a new car for my daily commute, and have wanted a hatchback for a while too, so came across the Kia Forte, and found that while its not the top of the line model, it offers everything that I needed in a functional and stylish package.

Love, love, love my Kia Forte!
By doitalone on 07/28/12 10:46 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's a fun car to drive. Even with being one of the bigger hatchbacks on the market, (I call it a mini-SUV) it's got great handling and fun engine. My previous car was a suped up Ford Focus, and I actually like driving this Kia more. The back seat provides a ton of room for passengers. Seats are comfortable to sit in, and I drive 40 minutes to and from work most mornings and never have problems with my knees or back - which was a problem with my focus and sometimes my boyfriends civic. The price is a little high for the SX version - but see if you can find rebate deals. I got mine on a lease fully loaded for $250 a month. If I choose to buy it out I'll only pay $20,000 total.

Perfect So Far
By mustrockon on 07/21/12 22:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for 3 weeks and absolutely love it. I traded in my 2010 Nissan Sentra SR. I have a dog that is close to 100lbs and he fits in the hatch area no problem. It came with leather, a sunroof, bluetooth, all cargo accessories, heated seats, great radio, and Ipod plugin. It has some serious getup and go even transferring from Nissan's CVT which I wasn't sure about. My nissan was fully loaded, but didn't have all the features of this Kia for the same drive out price 21K. I have gone on 3 long distance trips already getting 29+ mpg hwy/city without even being broken in. If you live in Houston area go to the dealership in Conroe, they'll treat you right. Couldn't be more pleased.

Great value at a very good price!
By bd21 on 02/24/12 20:21 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The Kia Forte is a well engineered vehicle that I believe is best in class for the price. I paid $17,713.00 out the door for a EX 5-door in Titanium with stone interior. My car was equipped with auto-dimming mirror w/compass, wheel locks, rear bumper applique, cargo net, cargo tray, spashguards and an i-pod cable. I had no trade-in and the price included 6% sales tax and all dealer fees. I did get $2,000.00 in rebates. This car is fun to drive around town and on the interstate. I'm very impressed with the design, quality and functionality of this car. I don't think you will find a better car under $21K.

Nice Tweener Car
By brianth on 02/21/12 19:43 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The five-door SX lives between base-level economy hatches and higher performance (and higher cost) cars like the GTI, WRX, and Mazdaspeed3. You will likely not see many of these, probably because the Soul gets most of the attention in Kia's sub-Sportage slot, but we use ours as an urban family car, and for that purpose it is an excellent value--ample interior room and good cargo space with the rear seats in use, nice standard features and reasonable options, and classy "European" styling. Given the pricing available on this Kia, particularly in relation to newer-model used cars these days, we are still very happy with our choice.

quicker than you expect
By rb7385899 on 12/12/11 10:55 AM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have the hatch with the 2.4 liter. this is a seriously fast car (for its class/price) with 0-60 in about 7 seconds (A/T). i've owned mine since february 2011, and have about 11,000 miles on it. no service issues so far.

Really good, roomy and nice looking car and great value!
By mazda5forme on 09/17/11 18:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Everytime we buy a new car, we look at all the brands and compare. Mazda, Toyota's, Honda, Fords, etc. We currently have 2 Fords and we also have a Mazda5 that we bought new a few years ago, that my college age daughter is now using.We bought a brand new 2011 KIA Sorento SX suv in March. Very impressed with the quality and value, also the styling. Then we needed a car for my wife, and looked at everything in the way of small sedans. To make a long story short, we bought a 2012 KIA Forte 5 door EX.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Forte Hatchback in VA is:

$142 per month*