2012 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Amazing car for the price
By marco34 on 07/27/14 19:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the Kia Forte Hatchback (really a wagon) with 16,000 miles for $12,400. I drive short distances to work and weekly long highway trips to family. Recently got 43.7 mpg on a flat highway for a 100 mile drive. Normally average 25 mpg in the city. Easy to hit 36 mpg on the highway at 70-75 mph. Absolutely no problems at current miles of 27K miles on the odometer-only oil changes so far.

new car
By crunchyed on 09/13/13 18:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback for the 2012 Kia Forte Ex. So far I love it. It had all the bells and whistles that I wanted without the extra cost. It's a lot more fun to drive than the versa.

Thyrome
By abair1 on 08/25/13 19:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a tank! I was not paying as much attention as I should have been and nearly rear ended a truck but instead jerked the wheel at like 40 mph skidded sideways like 50 ft and hit and then jumped a curb, all it did was give the rim a small bit of rim rash it still drives fine and is still in alignment. The mileage though is not what it said it should be even though using medium grade does make a notable difference in this and power. And it is sorta peppy. It has plenty of room, I am almost 6'' and am not skinny. And yes it drives like butter, only problem is the stock tires are not very shall we say "grippy". I am at 35,000 miles with absolutely no issue just tune-up type stuff.

Have had Forte Sedan EX for about one month.
By martin2013 on 06/11/13 12:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've only had this car for about a month and have really liked it so far. The ease that the majority of functions in this car is nice compared to my previous car. Even though the majority of my driving has been shorter in-city distances, its gas milage has been pretty close to estimated mileage. I will soon see how well the gas mileage does with a long trip.

20k miles in... great car
By morningland on 02/24/13 20:15 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I got this car because of the fold down seats and the great interest rate. I do a lot of camping and traveling so the fold down seats were critical since I sometimes car camp. I am able to comfortably lay down in the back area for a cat nap during a long trip or to get a good nights sleep. I am trading it in only because I want the four wheel drive but this car performed pretty decent on forest roads for what it is. It rides very nice too. I borrowed some chevy car of the same size for a week and when I got my Forte back, it felt like driving butter! It is reliable too. 20k miles and not a single engine problem at all!

Work Commuter
By finzphan68 on 01/12/13 15:30 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Needed a new car for my daily commute, and have wanted a hatchback for a while too, so came across the Kia Forte, and found that while its not the top of the line model, it offers everything that I needed in a functional and stylish package.

Great MPG ffrom automatic...
By waltchan on 11/07/12 23:36 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I rented one, and this Forte gets up to 50-55 MPG on highway if cruising only up to 50 mph speed (no higher) at the magic, low 1,500 RPM mark, A/C off, cruise control on, and windows closed. Accelerate this Forte very carefullly by not letting it run higher than 1,500 RPM for each and all transmission gears it shifts from stop to go in city driving, regardless if other drivers behind you find you too slow. Shift to neutral for all downhill driving as much as possible to receive up to 100 MPG. Shift back to drive if neutral driving reaches below 50 mph. Anyone can do it. Happy traveling...

Buy a coleman grill instead
By krkelsoe on 10/03/12 10:51 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Well, I bought mine brand new in December. Took her off the lot with 33 miles. I added a lowering kit, 20" wheels, and exhaust. I loved that car. It was fun to drive, but pretty slow. Still really caught a lot of looks though... But then I was driving home from buying bread last week and she went up in flames in mere minutes. Not sure what happened, and it's under investigation with Kia. It only had 8,900 miles on it. Just feel like people should know. If I had kids in the back or was disabled or slow-moving, there could have been serious injuries.

Love, love, love my Kia Forte!
By doitalone on 07/28/12 10:46 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's a fun car to drive. Even with being one of the bigger hatchbacks on the market, (I call it a mini-SUV) it's got great handling and fun engine. My previous car was a suped up Ford Focus, and I actually like driving this Kia more. The back seat provides a ton of room for passengers. Seats are comfortable to sit in, and I drive 40 minutes to and from work most mornings and never have problems with my knees or back - which was a problem with my focus and sometimes my boyfriends civic. The price is a little high for the SX version - but see if you can find rebate deals. I got mine on a lease fully loaded for $250 a month. If I choose to buy it out I'll only pay $20,000 total.

Perfect So Far
By mustrockon on 07/21/12 22:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for 3 weeks and absolutely love it. I traded in my 2010 Nissan Sentra SR. I have a dog that is close to 100lbs and he fits in the hatch area no problem. It came with leather, a sunroof, bluetooth, all cargo accessories, heated seats, great radio, and Ipod plugin. It has some serious getup and go even transferring from Nissan's CVT which I wasn't sure about. My nissan was fully loaded, but didn't have all the features of this Kia for the same drive out price 21K. I have gone on 3 long distance trips already getting 29+ mpg hwy/city without even being broken in. If you live in Houston area go to the dealership in Conroe, they'll treat you right. Couldn't be more pleased.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Forte in VA is:

$145 per month*