Used 2012 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

2012 Kia Forte

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Great for a year
By vmpage

2012 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car is cute. It handles great. It has also jerked, lurched and felt like it was going to stall, intermittently, since it was one year old. I've gone to the dealer repeatedly only to be told there is no computer code and they can't replicate the problem. I've complained to Kia corporate only to again have nothing done. My car feels like it is going to strand me in Honolulu traffic, and I'm told I'm crazy. Meanwhile, there are forums with hundreds of other people with the same complaint.

Favorite Features

convenience of the controls being within reach

Suggested Improvements

bad blind spots Fix the transmission! Better customer service

Perfect little car!
By mai_sai

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Don't let the price tag fool you, this car is well built. It doesn't give that cheap feel you'd expect from a lower budget vehicle. The interior is very comfortable for my petite frame, I don't have trouble seeing the road or maneuvering. My larger passengers seem quite comfortable as well. Has a peppy engine and tight suspension, shifts smoothly, very quiet, brakes effortlessly.. This car does well on winding roads. The feel of the car when driving it is very similar to the '11 Ford Focus. My Forte has high mileage (70,000 miles) & hasn't had a single problem, runs great, & is very dependable which is great since the Focus started having problems at 21,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, USB hookups, remote start, bright headlights, spacious trunk, quiet ride, steering wheel controls, great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

There is no temp gauge on dash..

Amazing car for the price
By marco34

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the Kia Forte Hatchback (really a wagon) with 16,000 miles for $12,400. I drive short distances to work and weekly long highway trips to family. Recently got 43.7 mpg on a flat highway for a 100 mile drive. Normally average 25 mpg in the city. Easy to hit 36 mpg on the highway at 70-75 mph. Absolutely no problems at current miles of 27K miles on the odometer-only oil changes so far.

Favorite Features

Low key style and extremely roomy inside. The 6 speed transmission shifts smoothly and, because the suspension on the hatchback came standard with the upgraded suspension available on the sedan, it handles nice. Adequate horsepower for a car this size. Note that the next generation model is not rated as getting better gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

None.

new car
By crunchyed

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback for the 2012 Kia Forte Ex. So far I love it. It had all the bells and whistles that I wanted without the extra cost. It's a lot more fun to drive than the versa.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth, interior style, the front seat set up

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change is if my radio told me the title or a song haha

Thyrome
By abair1

2012 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a tank! I was not paying as much attention as I should have been and nearly rear ended a truck but instead jerked the wheel at like 40 mph skidded sideways like 50 ft and hit and then jumped a curb, all it did was give the rim a small bit of rim rash it still drives fine and is still in alignment. The mileage though is not what it said it should be even though using medium grade does make a notable difference in this and power. And it is sorta peppy. It has plenty of room, I am almost 6'' and am not skinny. And yes it drives like butter, only problem is the stock tires are not very shall we say "grippy". I am at 35,000 miles with absolutely no issue just tune-up type stuff.

Favorite Features

Wife likes it, easy to tune-up. has a nice stance

Suggested Improvements

Better tires stock, some map holders on the back of the seats. And a nicer exhaust exit on base model, it is not like it costs that much.