Used 2012 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

2012 Kia Forte
By Austin

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Comfy little car, trust it on long trips, but the interior design is basic, bunch of rattles here and there. engine makes weird noises sometimes, clutch started feeling weird 10 minutes after i left the dealer.

So far, great purchase
By fallis

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Let me first say that I'd never thought I'd look twice at a Kia until recently. THey've certainly improved their vehicles in every way. Purchased a certified 2012 Forte EX 5-door at a Kia dealer w/ 27k miles after trading in 07 Toyota Rav. This is a great design as a small wagon. Seems like a best kept secret too, since I don't see to many out there. Great looks, great mileage (30 average, more on hiway), and MUCH better acceleration than my Honda Fit. I was doing hiway speeds of 75 mph, and the tach was still under 2500 rpm! I've had it for 1 1/2 months and already put almost 3k miles, no probs. Can't beat the warrantee either. Way to go Kia.

Great acceleration, smoother ride and comfort than Honda Fit with similar MPG. Versatile design. Sirius/XM ready.

Can only get cruise control with EX and above models. Nowadays cruise should be standard on all models.

Great for a year
By vmpage

2012 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car is cute. It handles great. It has also jerked, lurched and felt like it was going to stall, intermittently, since it was one year old. I've gone to the dealer repeatedly only to be told there is no computer code and they can't replicate the problem. I've complained to Kia corporate only to again have nothing done. My car feels like it is going to strand me in Honolulu traffic, and I'm told I'm crazy. Meanwhile, there are forums with hundreds of other people with the same complaint.

convenience of the controls being within reach

bad blind spots Fix the transmission! Better customer service

Perfect little car!
By mai_sai

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Don't let the price tag fool you, this car is well built. It doesn't give that cheap feel you'd expect from a lower budget vehicle. The interior is very comfortable for my petite frame, I don't have trouble seeing the road or maneuvering. My larger passengers seem quite comfortable as well. Has a peppy engine and tight suspension, shifts smoothly, very quiet, brakes effortlessly.. This car does well on winding roads. The feel of the car when driving it is very similar to the '11 Ford Focus. My Forte has high mileage (70,000 miles) & hasn't had a single problem, runs great, & is very dependable which is great since the Focus started having problems at 21,000 miles.

Bluetooth, USB hookups, remote start, bright headlights, spacious trunk, quiet ride, steering wheel controls, great gas mileage.

There is no temp gauge on dash..

Amazing car for the price
By marco34

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the Kia Forte Hatchback (really a wagon) with 16,000 miles for $12,400. I drive short distances to work and weekly long highway trips to family. Recently got 43.7 mpg on a flat highway for a 100 mile drive. Normally average 25 mpg in the city. Easy to hit 36 mpg on the highway at 70-75 mph. Absolutely no problems at current miles of 27K miles on the odometer-only oil changes so far.

Low key style and extremely roomy inside. The 6 speed transmission shifts smoothly and, because the suspension on the hatchback came standard with the upgraded suspension available on the sedan, it handles nice. Adequate horsepower for a car this size. Note that the next generation model is not rated as getting better gas mileage.

None.