2011 Kia Forte Consumer Review: Wonderfully, Disappointing

2011 Kia Forte - Consumer Review

EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Wonderfully, Disappointing
By juego on

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I would look at Mazda 5 again, but the Kia value as a 2.0 liter hatchback with the long warranties, roadside assistance, and all the standard features, likes Bluetooth, satellite radio, and safety equipment is hard to beat. Speaking about safety, I keep getting cruiser and volume controls mix up on the steering wheel. Hopefully, I will differentiate them before itís too late.

Favorite Features

All the standard amenities, plus I am find more as I use the car, such as like extended visors, storage space under the truck floor, and rear seats fold down flat (You must pull the bottom of the rear seat forward) plus you can store the rear head rests under the rear seats when you fold down it. Oil changes are at every 7,500 miles.

Suggested Improvements

After putting 1500 miles the mileage is a disappointment!!! With the stock air filter, driving (50% freeway & 50% city) I got 28 mpg. When I drove 75% freeway, I got 32 mpg while driving under speed limit. Now, with K&N air filter (50% freeway /50%) I get 30mpg. Also the front passage seat does not fold flat and rear window only go partially down. I guess it because the way the rear doors are shaped.