Top of the class
By bitwize01 on
2011 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I purchased a Kia Forte SX Coupe 2 months back for about 16k. It had 6,000 miles on it and was is great shape. Now that the honeymoon is over I'm still very pleased with my purchase. My Kia is definitely turning heads in the parking lot, something that doesn't often happen with a car < 20k. Besides the attractive styling, the comfortable interior with leather and power sunroof (optional) make it a very comfortable daily driver. Further, when you're feeling more engaged, the stiff suspension and ample horsepower make it a blast to drive. Compared to other "economy sport" cars like the Civic or Mazda3, I feel the Forte Koup SX is far and away the best "fun to dollars" ratio.
Favorite Features
The large sunroof, 17" rims (I have 18's on mine, easily doable with low-profile tires) and aggressive styling are all top on my list. The clean console and bright display is also a definite plus. The engine size is an excellent balance between ample power and fuel efficiency. Kia hasn't gamed the statistics on the MPG - my trip computer consistently reads 23 city / 35 highway, exactly what was predicted.
Suggested Improvements
An option for power seats would be nice. The Bluetooth software could definitely be improved as well - the car interrupts the radio with a grating "Transfer Complete" a minute or so after you get in the car with a paired device. Call quality is also poor, due to road noise and a low-quality microphone in the pillar. The gear selector for the automatic is needlessly complex - getting the car from Park -> Drive involves twisting your wrist multiple directions in a precise motion, something that becomes tedious if you're getting in and out of the car 10 times a day.