steer clear from Kia, Silver Spring Kia and the King automotive group
By planedoc42 on
2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
In April 2011 I bought Kia Forte. since i drove off the dealers lot the car seemed sluggish like there's a brake or gear is stuck on. Within two weeks after i bought the car i asked the Kia service station to look at the car and that's when a employee at Kia service stated that the catalytic converter could be clogged or not functioning properly. (I think Kia hide him because I never saw him again). Since than my check engine light which i actually thought wouldn't even come on if came on as I was on the beltway coming from my office at Andrews going 60 mph it did come on and the engine automatically slowed down which concerned me because this could have caused an accident during rush hour. A day after the check engine light came on i brought it into the Kia service station and Kia said we reset the light and we do know it was a misfire code but we don't know why or if it will happen again. For a new car this scares me. 6 days later i started my car and began to drive and AGAIN i noticed the check engine light stayed on but went off in 47 seconds Again for a new car this scares me and represents a safety issue and for Kia to disregard safety complaints from customers is disgraceful. The dealer Silver Spring Kia was great UNTIL i bought the car I actually brought the car back 3 days later and told the sales Mgr Laura Jerlet the i had a problem with the car and what i can do now to get trade it or get a refund (again this was after 3 three days) she said "once you buy a Kia your screwed" the dealership GM Betty ann Mendelsohn Aschenbach a the part of the KING AUTO group should be steered away from at all costs, the customer service after you buy the car is awful. So far I spent at least $1000.00 on this car due to something wrong with the engine operation that can be causing the bad fuel economy and the check engine light to come on and slow down in beltway traffic. (it happened 3 times since i bought the car 9 Mounts) Under the Md State Lemon Law I Asked Kia to Re-purchase or at least help me get into a car that doesn't have issues. The BBB arbitrator actually stated at the arbitration hearing before the hearing started "Kia doesn't want to do anything to assist you anyway." I did explain the issues to the Arbertrater (Harold Cohen) and the person from Kia Ted Renfrow explain his side (he lied and covered up issues about the vacuum system and the safety issues i explained To be safe Customers that are looking to buy a new or used car must stay away from Silver Spring Kia. and Kia all together. Kia is a very poorly made very cheaply built car and at highway speeds the car is very unsafe and the Kia corporation that covers up safety issues and lies to customers are best just kept away from.
Favorite Features
dont feel cufortable in the car
Suggested Improvements
Scrap car peace of junk
By sdaigle
on 07/08/12 07:24 AM (PDT)

Sorry you had such a horrible experience with your Forte. They seem to be good cars generally speaking. Not too many complaints and far fewer complaints than a lot of other cars. I think you got a lemon. It happens, sadly. In the future, please proofread your writing before submitting. Very difficult to read.