Luv my kia's
By 04spectre on
2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
Traded in our '04 Optima EX V-6 @ 133,000 for our Forte. The Optima was a great car. Only had to replace the starter. Absolutely luv the forte. Spirited 2.0L, great 6sp auto. Outstanding gas mileage, on a trip from Jax, Fl to Philly it avg over 40 mpg during 1 tank run, i.e. 403 miles and only took 9.7 gal to fill. Averaged 37-38 mpg on the trip. A definite gas saver over the 2.7L Optima. I am 6'1", 256#, a little cramped but otherwise REALLY like this car. Started out with a 2001 Sephia, bought '02 Optima EX V-6 for Mama, Traded both cars in on the same day in Dec '03 for an '04 Spectra and the '04 Optima. Still have the Spectra @ over 103,000 miles.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage, Blue Tooth, Sirius [for long trips], comfortable for my wife and she says it rides well! Spirited acceleration with the 6sp auto. Much more aggresive over the old 4sp auto.
Suggested Improvements
Maybe more padding on the seats for us BIG guys [although I could stand to lose quite a few #'s. A larger gas tank for longer legs while traveling [maybe a 16 gal tank = over 600 mi per tank] 16 X 37 mpg = 608 mi!