2011 Kia Forte Consumer Review: Outstanding Value - Fun To Dri

2011 Kia Forte - Consumer Review

SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Outstanding Value - Fun To Drive - Safety No. One
By btatr on

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Our priorities ar safety, comfort, fuel efficiency, and the fun to drive quality. We bought a KIA 5 Door SX and love it! We think it's tons of fun to and the price was very reasonable. If that isn't enough, the warranty is fantastic. The Forte has a vast array of safety features such as Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, etc. The silky smooth, powerful 2.4 Liter Engine in the SX model packs plenty of power and is far superior to the 2.0 Liter version in the EX model. Every day we can't wait to drive this car. Compare it with the 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback and see which one you prefer.

Powerful, smooth 2.4 Liter Engine in the SX Model. Lots of storage room. It is 19.2 cu feet with the rear seats up and much larger with them folded flat. A wide array of safety features that bring peace of mind. It had every safety component we wanted in a family car. The SX Hatchback looks fantastic! The 6 speaker sound system and Sirrius-XM radio is a winner. It has very good but not great fuel economy. The outstanding 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper and 10 year 100,000 mile power train warranties sealed the deal.

1. Add an interior hatchback release. 2. Replace the Goodyear Tires with Michelins.
By btatr
on 10/11/11 06:22 AM (PDT)

We've had our Forte SX Hatchback for almost six months and traveled over 13,000 miles. Let me start by saying with one minor exception, everything works as designed. The only trivial problem we had so far was a misaligned glove box that was fixed under warranty. Thank you KIA for your workmanship! The car is so much fun to drive, the sound system is excellent, storage capacity is large for a car this size, the leather seats are extremely comfortable and look great. I can't begin to tell you how many people came up to us and commented on the great looks of this vehicle. On the highway, we're averaging between 32 and 33 mpg, while driving only in the city, we're averaging between 24 and 25mpg. As I stated in my original review, those are good but not great numbers. On the plus side, acceleration/performance is outstanding with the 2.4 liter engine which more than makes up for the above average fuel economy numbers. We test drove the 2012 Focus and acceleration was atrocious so you can keep those higher mpg figures. Finally, it's funny how important small things can be. We love the nifty storage tray located under the floor in the back of the car.

By jdshack2
on 09/24/11 09:54 AM (PDT)

I purchased my 2011 Kia Forte in July and you cannot keep me out of it. lol! I have a black SX with a sunroof. I love this car! The power and handling are great, the seats have great comfort and it really impresses all of my friends that see it for the first time. Whem purchasing this car I drove and redrove and redrove the 2012 Ford Focus hatchback and I just couldnt get a good feel for it. All of the options that I wanted on the Focus were an additional 5K!?!?!?! on the Forte Hatch it was 1100 max (and I think I am shooting a little high) and along with the warranty you cannot beat it. I drove the Mazda 3 and it drove with like a skateboard and the seats were way too still. I am a very fit guy and the seats went right down the insides of my shoulder blades. Horrible......funny thing is when I see them on the street my first thought is I am SO GLAD I did not buy either of those cars. Simply put......I really love this car and it has 3K miles on it and I dont have a commute to work

By btatr
on 06/04/11 09:19 AM (PDT)

I finally had an opportunity to test the 2012 Ford Focus 5 Door and compare it with the KIA Forte Hatchback. The Focus is in many ways a fantastic vehicle, but it has one major flaw, engine performance is anemic. Ironically, engine performance in the 2.4 Liter SX model is one of it's strengths. I also happen to prefer the looks of the Forte over the Focus. The one advantage of the Ford is better fuel economy but you sacrifice performance. So far we're averaging about 33 mpg with the Forte SX on the highway. Combined city and highway is obviously less and I can't give you a valid number. Fuel Economy on the Forte is very good but not great. However, when you factor in all of the safety features, the price, and the terrific warranty, you can't find a better all around value. And yes, we still love our Forte.