An car for people who have never driven a honda
By bytes220 on
2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
My car is a Kia forte SX hatchback. First let me start off by saying that if you're considering this car, Only buy it if you can get it with the six speed manual. The 2.4liter engine is completely unsuited for the 6 speed automatic. All the shift points are wrong meaning that you end up with a car that is 1.5 seconds slower to 60 than the manual and sucks gas like there's no tomorrow. My previous car was a 2004 Honda Accord EX-L with a manual 5 speed transmission. This car had an engine that had less horsepower and torque than the Kia and was quite a bit heavier and larger but it was substantially quicker and got 35% better gas mileage than the Kia. The Honda also handled better.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth, and MP3 connectivity. Fold flat rear seats
Suggested Improvements
Where do I start? BRING BACK THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION - the car sucks without it. START USING SOME OF HYUNDAI'S NEW ENGINES - you know the ones that are supposed to do better then 20 mpg in mixed driving and don't scream every time you ask for a little bit of power. Use auto transmissions that are actually properly mated to the engines so as not to down and up shift at all the wrong times. Put seats in that don't hurt your back after 40min in the drivers seat
By btatr
on 12/06/11 12:56 PM (PST)

I don't know which car this guy is talking about because he certainly isn't describing our fantastic KIA Forte SX hatchback. What makes the SX so special is the power of the 2.4 liter engine and the smooth six speed automatic transmission. The car flies on the highway, cruising 80 mph at only 2,500 rpms. Passing other cars is a piece of cake and highway comfort is outstanding, especially on long trips. Our fuel economy on highway only driving is approximately 32 mpg, sometimes slightly higher. Read my review to see all of the positive aspects of the Forte SX which is one of the great values in the automobile market. I will make two other quick comments. So far, after six months and over 15,000 miles we had one minor problem, a misaligned glove box that was fixed under warranty. And our dealer is wonderful.

By bytes220
on 11/23/11 13:29 PM (PST)

This is an update this review. DO NOT BUY A KIA. Possibly the most expensive mistake I ever made. The only thing more mediocre than the car is the dealership. Aside from having to bring back the car 5 times for a simple repair which still hasn't been done successfully, the service department is full of teenage looking kids that have no training or skill in doing anything. When I complained about the mpg which is now lower after 4500 miles than it was when the car was new, I was told "what did I expect since I bought the car with the bigger engine" and when complaining about all the buzzy engine sounds from under the hood I was told that I shouldn't expect much because I didn't buy a mercedes benz after all. I hate this car and especially the dealer and I will be trading it in the first chance I get. [violative content deleted]