2011 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Canadian Kia Forte 5 EX Auto
By canuck29 on 12/30/10 11:09 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2011 Kia Forte 5 as a commuter car for wife. Test drove hatchback two times and came away feeling it was a good combination of value, space, safety features, fuel ecomomy, performance and interior room. So far have put on approx 900 kilometers ( approx 540 miles) all in the city and have averaged about 27 miles per gallon. Engine and powertrain ( 6 speed automatic) provide good driving dynamics for the class of vehicle. Unknown is Kia service as I suspect new generation of Kia vehicles are probably ahead of the service in terms of quality. Will find out in time.

Great Car Overall
By john57110 on 12/18/10 16:28 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for commuting and as a safe reliable vehicle to pass on to my teenage son. So far I am mostly satisfied with my Forte. It is really comfortable for a small car and it is much quieter than any other small car I have been in. I have the technology package with the nav, backup camera and smartkey. The smartkey is a feature I never knew I wanted, now I can't imagine not having it. I am very pleased with the way this car drives on ice and snow due to the stability and traction control. My only real complaint is the fuel economy. I currently average 28 mpg, mostly highway driving and was really expecting it to be better. Overall I am satisfied and think its a good value.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Forte in VA is:

$134 per month*