2011 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Worth the money
By skaterer on 05/12/11 07:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased an SX model with all the options including NAV. Just been a few weeks. So far so good. A few rattles, but nothing major.

Outstanding Value - Fun To Drive - Safety No. One
By btatr on 05/07/11 07:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Our priorities ar safety, comfort, fuel efficiency, and the fun to drive quality. We bought a KIA 5 Door SX and love it! We think it's tons of fun to and the price was very reasonable. If that isn't enough, the warranty is fantastic. The Forte has a vast array of safety features such as Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, etc. The silky smooth, powerful 2.4 Liter Engine in the SX model packs plenty of power and is far superior to the 2.0 Liter version in the EX model. Every day we can't wait to drive this car. Compare it with the 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback and see which one you prefer.

A nice car
By concordenerd on 04/21/11 18:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Had this last week as a rental and was very nice. I wanted a Optima or a Sonata, but they were out and said I would take a Prius. They were out of them too. Avis insisted that I try this as it was a nice car they said. Had 400 miles on it so it was new. A nice car with a lot of features standard. Useful features. Averaged over 180 miles 35 MPG.

first 500 miles
By walt35 on 04/13/11 06:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my three year old PT Cruiser... which I would have kept if it had not gotten such awful fuel enonomy.. So I wanted another hatch back. The seating position of the Forte is like a race car .. I have to get used to that and the smaller wheel.. but handling is precise and very fun.. The Korean tires are made with nylon rather than polyester which I think causes too firm a ride at times.. They otherwise handle just fine.. I had to pay a guy to put on painted body side mouldings.. KIA does not offer factory body side mouldings.. that was a small pain ... first tank of gas with mixed driving was 27.. that's good... Overall quite happy so far.

Great Car
By lorri66 on 04/07/11 20:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I was not in the market for a Kia and had no intention of buying one. I had my heart set on a new Honda Civic but decided to test drive the Kia Forte to compare against the Honda. The Kia turns out to have vastly more features than the Honda including, bluetooh, Sirius radio, cruise control, internet capability to name a few. Plus the warranty on the Kia is far better than what you would normally get with a Honda. And at the dealership I went to Dick Hannah Kia in Vancouver Washington they offer you free tires for life and other services that I have never heard of with any other dealership. My salesman was very knowledgeable and seemed to really care about me. Thank you Luis.

2011 Forte review
By txriverrat on 03/12/11 07:38 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We went into the Kia dealership to purchase a Kia !Soul for my husband and walked out with two cars, a !Soul and a Forte. I was happy to trade in a Mazda3 that never lived up to my expectations. The Forte is my perfect car - it's fun to drive, lots of pep!, stylish, and bluetooth is awesome. I plan to drive this car a very long time. The gas mileage isn't as good as I thought but on the other hand, I drive in city stop and go traffic, 15 miles to work and I'm happy with 23 mpg. Don't change a thing about this car - Kia Forte is a homerun!

good ride
By cdog77 on 02/27/11 20:27 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Had it for 8 months now and made 6 road trips and love the comfort and mileage. Would definitely suggest it to anyone.

Forte SX hatch vs. Mazda 3 or Elantra Touring
By rb7385899 on 02/22/11 09:31 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We already have an 09 elantra touring. The Kia is a step up (173 hp, 6 speed auto) and better styled. We cross shopped it against the Mazda 3 (too little rear seat room) and Subaru Forrester (noisy, handles worse). After about 1,000 miles i'm pretty satisifed with the Kia. Returning about 26 mpg on my commute, and is fully loaded (leather, sunroof, power everything for $21K and change). Much peppier than the elantra, which I still love anyway.

Minor glitches, not getting MPG advertised
By sschultz on 02/12/11 05:26 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 Kia Forte 5-door four weeks ago and already need to head into the shop. The clock quit working on a drive the other day, the key fab control for the hatch isn't functioning and the power outlet casing comes out when I try to remove my ipod charger. Relatively minor things - but it is a new car. Averaging 30MPG (not included in the trip computer, but a manual calculation) driving 60 miles highway every day. I'm not an inefficient driver so unclear on when I'm going to start getting 34MPG. Overall it's a fun car to drive but have concerns about the build quality and reliability of electronic components specifically.

Wonderfully, Disappointing
By juego on 02/05/11 21:59 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I would look at Mazda 5 again, but the Kia value as a 2.0 liter hatchback with the long warranties, roadside assistance, and all the standard features, likes Bluetooth, satellite radio, and safety equipment is hard to beat. Speaking about safety, I keep getting cruiser and volume controls mix up on the steering wheel. Hopefully, I will differentiate them before itÂ’s too late.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Forte in VA is:

$133 per month*