2011 Kia Forte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Love This Car
By bjsafe on 07/26/11 05:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased SX model with all option packages (rearview cam, nav, sirius w/traffic, bluetooth, leather, sunroof, push-to-start, heated seats, rear spoiler) for $20K, which was my entering price point. You'd be hard pressed to find all that w/a 10 year warranty in any other car at that price. Owned for one month, put over 3000 miles on it, 1700 on a road trip, 1300 over daily 32 mile roundtrip commute. Gas mileage as advertised. As mentioned in a previous review, pictures don't do this car justice. It is a very attractive car. Incidentally, I was interested also in the Koup but found it too tight of a squeeze at 6'3". Despite issues listed below, I am totally happy with my purchase.

The Love for Kia begins...
By scrutinizer2 on 06/17/11 13:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been researching this and many other vehicles for many years. This car in particular has always been at the top of my list of FWD sedans and hatchbacks. FINALLY GOT IT! The SX Forte has an enormous amount of power for a four cylinder, best in class handling, and to my surprise, it also rides very comfortably. Go Kia for Great Value, Best Warranty, and Good Steering Feel! The EPA estimated 32mpg on highway. But I wanted to test the best that it could do. After driving in the MOST ECO-FRIENDLY manner, the car went 39mpg on the highway!

Pros and Cons
By 2011kiaforte on 05/30/11 21:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Forte EX in January and there are some things I like but others I don't. It is a great city car. If you drive daily on the highway be cautious of strong winds especially when behind an 18-wheeler. It seems to be too aerodynamic and lite in my opinion. I have already been in an accident that cost the other driver about $1,500 to fix a small dent in my drivers door that wasn't hit very hard to begin with. I downgraded from a Volvo S60 so I'm not as happy with this car as I was my last, but for a college student driving to and from work and school it is a very reasonable car, although I am looking to trade it in for the Optima at the end of the year.

Worth the money
By skaterer on 05/12/11 07:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased an SX model with all the options including NAV. Just been a few weeks. So far so good. A few rattles, but nothing major.

A nice car
By concordenerd on 04/21/11 18:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Had this last week as a rental and was very nice. I wanted a Optima or a Sonata, but they were out and said I would take a Prius. They were out of them too. Avis insisted that I try this as it was a nice car they said. Had 400 miles on it so it was new. A nice car with a lot of features standard. Useful features. Averaged over 180 miles 35 MPG.

Great Car
By lorri66 on 04/07/11 20:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I was not in the market for a Kia and had no intention of buying one. I had my heart set on a new Honda Civic but decided to test drive the Kia Forte to compare against the Honda. The Kia turns out to have vastly more features than the Honda including, bluetooh, Sirius radio, cruise control, internet capability to name a few. Plus the warranty on the Kia is far better than what you would normally get with a Honda. And at the dealership I went to Dick Hannah Kia in Vancouver Washington they offer you free tires for life and other services that I have never heard of with any other dealership. My salesman was very knowledgeable and seemed to really care about me. Thank you Luis.

good ride
By cdog77 on 02/27/11 20:27 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Had it for 8 months now and made 6 road trips and love the comfort and mileage. Would definitely suggest it to anyone.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Forte Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*