2011 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews 2

2011 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Kia Forte SX
By rgebbia on 12/07/11 04:27 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have had this car since July. Have 7300 miles. Car is loaded with Nav, sunroof, leather, Sirius radio, rear camera, etc...It's comfortable inside, good drive on the highway, handling isn't bad but the Jetta I also tested didn't handle any better surprisingly. It has great acceleration for a 4-cylinder, non-turbo and the 2.5 engine is what makes the difference. My only complaints so far are the suspension and the gas mileage. I do mostly highway driving and am only getting 26 - 28 mpg. Also, I feel every bump, big or small in this car. Great value for the money and will be a good car to hand down to the kids but not sure I would purchase another.

An car for people who have never driven a honda
By bytes220 on 09/28/11 07:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car is a Kia forte SX hatchback. First let me start off by saying that if you're considering this car, Only buy it if you can get it with the six speed manual. The 2.4liter engine is completely unsuited for the 6 speed automatic. All the shift points are wrong meaning that you end up with a car that is 1.5 seconds slower to 60 than the manual and sucks gas like there's no tomorrow. My previous car was a 2004 Honda Accord EX-L with a manual 5 speed transmission. This car had an engine that had less horsepower and torque than the Kia and was quite a bit heavier and larger but it was substantially quicker and got 35% better gas mileage than the Kia. The Honda also handled better.

Good value, roomy for its class, lacks great handling
By turgon on 08/10/11 17:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 8 year old Pontiac Vibe for the Forte EX (ECO), which I use as a long-distance commuter car. I purchased the Forte on price and decent reviews after test driving some of the competition in this class. I am happy with the acceleration, comfort, interior space, and styling of the vehicle. Combined gas mileage thus far through the first 2k miles has averaged in the low 30s mpg in my commute of mixed highway and city driving, which is virtually identical to my former Vibe and acceptable to me as the Forte ECO is rated 37/27. Steering still feels a bit uncertain to me and handling on windy roads does not compare to my former Vibe, which I did not notice in my initial test drive.

Kia Forte Opinion
By skc6 on 08/10/11 03:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased Forte in late May 2011. Interioe comfort is good. Mileage could be better that current average of 26 mpg. Took it on vacation and the average mpg jumped to 30.5-more highway miles at higher speeds. On rain slick streets it handles good.

2011 Forte EX
By skinsfanjack on 08/07/11 16:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have now owned my new Forte for one month. Have driven it just over 1,000 miles in mostly city driving and have achieved an average of 30MPG. I am a BIG guy, 6'3" and 260#. I find more leg, head, shoulder and hip room in this Kia than others in its class. It is comfortable to drive - but maybe not so much on a long trip. Has many creature comforts not found without extra cost on the competition. If I have a complaint it is that it feels a little light and "squirelly" in Interstate driving, so one must pay attention. I was used to a big Oldsmobile before checking on most cars in this class, all of whom came up short except for the Hyundai Elantra. The Kia won the coin toss.

Love This Car
By bjsafe on 07/26/11 05:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased SX model with all option packages (rearview cam, nav, sirius w/traffic, bluetooth, leather, sunroof, push-to-start, heated seats, rear spoiler) for $20K, which was my entering price point. You'd be hard pressed to find all that w/a 10 year warranty in any other car at that price. Owned for one month, put over 3000 miles on it, 1700 on a road trip, 1300 over daily 32 mile roundtrip commute. Gas mileage as advertised. As mentioned in a previous review, pictures don't do this car justice. It is a very attractive car. Incidentally, I was interested also in the Koup but found it too tight of a squeeze at 6'3". Despite issues listed below, I am totally happy with my purchase.

A Very Good Deal Among Compact Coupes
By 353cathedral on 07/24/11 18:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I selected the forte EX coupe over the SX because I didn't want a sunroof and, more important, I already have a set of winter tires and rims that would fit the EX, but not the SX. I was impressed with the long list of standard features that are extra-cost options on cars like the Civic, Cruze, Corolla and Focus. In addition, compact coupes are becoming quite rare now, but the Forte fulfills my needs almost perfectly. Its 156 hp engine, 2845 lbs. weight and 6-speed manual transmission combine for lively performance and excellent gas mileage. In addition, it handles well, absorbs bumps better than my previous vehicle and brakes smoothly. It's also quite unique; I've seen very few others yet.

The Love for Kia begins...
By scrutinizer2 on 06/17/11 13:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been researching this and many other vehicles for many years. This car in particular has always been at the top of my list of FWD sedans and hatchbacks. FINALLY GOT IT! The SX Forte has an enormous amount of power for a four cylinder, best in class handling, and to my surprise, it also rides very comfortably. Go Kia for Great Value, Best Warranty, and Good Steering Feel! The EPA estimated 32mpg on highway. But I wanted to test the best that it could do. After driving in the MOST ECO-FRIENDLY manner, the car went 39mpg on the highway!

Pros and Cons
By 2011kiaforte on 05/30/11 21:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Forte EX in January and there are some things I like but others I don't. It is a great city car. If you drive daily on the highway be cautious of strong winds especially when behind an 18-wheeler. It seems to be too aerodynamic and lite in my opinion. I have already been in an accident that cost the other driver about $1,500 to fix a small dent in my drivers door that wasn't hit very hard to begin with. I downgraded from a Volvo S60 so I'm not as happy with this car as I was my last, but for a college student driving to and from work and school it is a very reasonable car, although I am looking to trade it in for the Optima at the end of the year.

Top of the class
By bitwize01 on 05/27/11 13:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a Kia Forte SX Coupe 2 months back for about 16k. It had 6,000 miles on it and was is great shape. Now that the honeymoon is over I'm still very pleased with my purchase. My Kia is definitely turning heads in the parking lot, something that doesn't often happen with a car < 20k. Besides the attractive styling, the comfortable interior with leather and power sunroof (optional) make it a very comfortable daily driver. Further, when you're feeling more engaged, the stiff suspension and ample horsepower make it a blast to drive. Compared to other "economy sport" cars like the Civic or Mazda3, I feel the Forte Koup SX is far and away the best "fun to dollars" ratio.