Used 2011 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Forte Sedan

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Low Priced Car--Great Value, great MPG
By rogern1967

2011 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have logged 34k miles with no reliability issues whatsoever. I am nearly 6ft tall, 220lbs, and feel very comfortable in this smallish car. I find it notably more spacious in the footwell than both the Focus and Mazda3 I recently rented on biz trips. I am very partial to manual transmissions, and chose this car for that reason. Clutch action is very predictable, and gear changes are positive. Though this car is not exactly fast, the transmission adds great fun to driving, and I recommend a manual for all people who enjoy driving as I do. I average about 33mpg in mixed driving, 37+ on sustained freeway trips.

Favorite Features

I like exterior styling, shoulder and knee/leg room, good clutch/manual transmission, Bluetooth enabled audio, good visibility, comfortable seat. I do my own service work, and I have found the engine oil filter and air filter very easy to access. Brakes are also easily inspected.

Suggested Improvements

The upholstery is not very stain resistant, nor is the carpeting (floor covering actually) of high quality. This is a base model car, and I mostly expected this. Lastly, engine is a tad noisy (valve tappets) when cold, but that goes away when warmed up.

I absolutely LOVE this car!
By ch3ri72

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My husband I just bought this car a week ago and it has been the best decision we have made in a long time. The dealer we use has also helped with making it a great experience, but the car sold itself. Even tho it was used, you would never know. The handling, dependability, and overall car is great.

Favorite Features

Our Favorite features would have to be the handling and ride of the car. The inside is great, but to be a used car it's "broken in" just right. The backseat is also roomy for our kids and us.

Suggested Improvements

I love this car as it is. Im not sure on about how to get improvements.

LOVE my New Car
By waters3

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a used 2011 Kia Forte. I didn't want a new car Note so I decided to get a used vehicle... I Love my Vehicle. It is the first time I have driven a small vehicle in a very long time... My previous vehicle was a durango. I am getting use to the smaller size but the ride is ok, I love the interior design. I love the gas milage.

Kia has many flaws
By brian707

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Forte EX 2011 new. I am disappointed with the gas mileage I've obtained which for an entire tank remains averages between 20-25 mpg with about 60% city and 40% hwy driving. Yet the worst features are the audio unit and the customer service (both corporate and local). My audio unit will randomly start whistling loudly, will turn itself off, bluetooth turns on and makes settings changes without prompting, the CD device fails, and all of these issue repeated after KIA replaced my audio unit with a brand new one. These glitches occur a few times a week while I'm driving. I've had complaints with KIA that have not been resolved for the past 4 months. I feel ignored by KIA.

Favorite Features

The Forte EX has a nice design and sufficient power under the hood. The seats are comfortable and the dash is relatively visually appealing.

Suggested Improvements

The audio unit is poorly designed. It requires a $70 additional cable to use the USB function with an iPod device and even with the KIA made USB it is not compatible with most functions of the Apple iPods or iPhones. Audio unit has many glitches which need KIA service does not seem to understand nor are able to fix. The gas mileage performs below their advertised EPA estimate. Customer service does a poor job of following up with customers and resolving problems (I often get stuck with leaving voicemails and my calls are rarely returned within a month long period). KIA has not stood behind their products or fixed the issues I've had with my 2011 Forte EX even with "platinum warranty".

steer clear from Kia, Silver Spring Kia and the King automotive group
By planedoc42

2011 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In April 2011 I bought Kia Forte. since i drove off the dealers lot the car seemed sluggish like there's a brake or gear is stuck on. Within two weeks after i bought the car i asked the Kia service station to look at the car and that's when a employee at Kia service stated that the catalytic converter could be clogged or not functioning properly. (I think Kia hide him because I never saw him again). Since than my check engine light which i actually thought wouldn't even come on if came on as I was on the beltway coming from my office at Andrews going 60 mph it did come on and the engine automatically slowed down which concerned me because this could have caused an accident during rush hour. A day after the check engine light came on i brought it into the Kia service station and Kia said we reset the light and we do know it was a misfire code but we don't know why or if it will happen again. For a new car this scares me. 6 days later i started my car and began to drive and AGAIN i noticed the check engine light stayed on but went off in 47 seconds Again for a new car this scares me and represents a safety issue and for Kia to disregard safety complaints from customers is disgraceful. The dealer Silver Spring Kia was great UNTIL i bought the car I actually brought the car back 3 days later and told the sales Mgr Laura Jerlet the i had a problem with the car and what i can do now to get trade it or get a refund (again this was after 3 three days) she said "once you buy a Kia your screwed" the dealership GM Betty ann Mendelsohn Aschenbach a the part of the KING AUTO group should be steered away from at all costs, the customer service after you buy the car is awful. So far I spent at least $1000.00 on this car due to something wrong with the engine operation that can be causing the bad fuel economy and the check engine light to come on and slow down in beltway traffic. (it happened 3 times since i bought the car 9 Mounts) Under the Md State Lemon Law I Asked Kia to Re-purchase or at least help me get into a car that doesn't have issues. The BBB arbitrator actually stated at the arbitration hearing before the hearing started "Kia doesn't want to do anything to assist you anyway." I did explain the issues to the Arbertrater (Harold Cohen) and the person from Kia Ted Renfrow explain his side (he lied and covered up issues about the vacuum system and the safety issues i explained To be safe Customers that are looking to buy a new or used car must stay away from Silver Spring Kia. and Kia all together. Kia is a very poorly made very cheaply built car and at highway speeds the car is very unsafe and the Kia corporation that covers up safety issues and lies to customers are best just kept away from.

Favorite Features

dont feel cufortable in the car

Suggested Improvements

Scrap car peace of junk